Thread: All about city block tiling scripts.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Post All about city block tiling scripts.

Now that the current challenge is over I wanted to get back to my thatching and other roof type experiments. I have been promising myself that I would thatch a whole city in one go which sounds like a barrel of laughs...maybe.

Instead I thought it would be a better idea to get some tiled textures of city blocks so that I can shove these in and delete out the buildings I dont need with either the eraser tool or by using a mask. So this is an attempt to do that.

What I am looking for is some C&C's about the textures posted and also what sort of roof types and stuff people want. Now I am only going to post the textures with the buildings as done because its taken me all night to make these in 3D. So I have the buildings as a height map and I can render this out with any kind of texture or roof on the top.

So starting with thatching, how do these look ? Do you like the floor and thatch - ill upload these when were all happy as they are 4096 square PNG's which should tile seamlessly.

Edit -- added lightened up version which I think is more representative of thatch.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 01-31-2009 at 06:29 PM.