Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello

Post Hello

hi...
    i really have no idea of what to tell you guys about me but let's try...
    hello all...
    my name is Henrique Gesler, i'm from Brazil and i'm 17(my birthday was yerterday!!01/31)...
    i'm a roleplayer and a DM too...
    i started to make some maps for my players but i only know paint...
    i make my first map with my hands, a paper and a pencil... it's quite nice so i decide to pass it to my pc so i could print it and have more copies than just one...
    i pass 3days making the map in the paint and i did something i though i could never do: a great map(at least i think and my players too...)
    but the paint do not allow you to do a lot things cuz almost everything you got do for yourself so it is not as nice as yours map, but for me, a newbie in the art of making maps, it was cool for now...

i really wait you could give me some tips and tell me the best programs(for free!!cuz i can't buy it... i'm under 18 and cannot work...) i could use to improve my maps...
    i'm uploading the map i told you guys about...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!

Since money is an issue regarding software then I strongly suggest you download and try GIMP.

It's FREE!!!

Not to mention there are some spectacular tutorials here to help you get started.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Help

here is the maps... they are the same but the first one i edited after i made the second
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mapa do mundo.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	9890   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MAPA.png 
Views:	33 
Size:	253.4 KB 
ID:	9891  
    Last edited by RobA; 02-03-2009 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Turned the bitmaps to png files

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

gotta agree with SG on the Gimp suggestion. You can also think about Inkscape to do your line work in.

At first I thought it was a city map, but then it clicked that it might be a regional map when I saw the mountains in the top left. Reminds me of some old maps that I saw some time ago. From the Middle Ages I think they were. Once that popped into my head it was quite easy to figure it out. I like it, but I think that some color would help distinguish the roads from the rivers.

Which is where Gimp and Inkscape would help a lot.

Anyway, here is some rep for the reminder of that map style
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Oh!No!
    More brazilian guys

Brincadeirinha,bem vindo abordo cara
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/signaturepics/sigpic3377_5.gif

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Welcome to the Guild, arathon. I also highly recommend GIMP and Inkscape as free tools that you should check out.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Hi arathon!

Hope you don't mind, I replaced your bitmap (bmp) files with png files as they are much smaller and a bit more browser friendly.

Oh yeah, welcome aboard!

-Rob A>

xD
    don't worry...
    i don't mind... xD

Guild Applicant

I also am new and would like to say hello to everyone. Unfortunately, all of my maps so far have been made on paper, so I can't upload any, but thanks to the links at the beginning of the thread, hopefully I'll be able to soon!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast