Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Campaign Map (photoshop)

Quote Originally Posted by Elvish Presley View Post
    I also got myself a tablet yesterday.....now that's going to take some time getting used to. Silly me thought the tablet would display a portion of the screen or something so that I would actually be able to look at the tablet while drawing. Oh well, I guess it'll get better with some practice.
    Need a Cintiq for that, and those things cost a bloody fortune

The map is looking great though. The font works well, tonnes of detail, loving the new mountains. It's really come a long way since the first one you posted, and looks utterly fantastic now

Guild Apprentice

A very slick map, definitely lots of good RP feel to it. Only things I see missing are a compass and scale.
    I'm hacking my way into the cartographical realm with AutoRealm, AutoCAD, GIMP, and Google Sketchup as my tools!

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages
    because they know they can be impolite without
    having their skulls split, as a general thing."

Well, now I have a scale and a terrible compass, too...and a "frame". I consider myself done with this map at the moment. Mostly due to time constraints (I have to print it on a lot of sheets and glue them togeher before the players arrive tomorrow), but also because the characters in the campaign have only seen a tiny portion of the world yet, and it's easier to create new landscapes etc. as the campaign evolves (it's been evolving for 11 years already, but it's a huuuuuge world).

I was also unable to upload the map as one file, so I had to divide it into 3 parts (well, only 2 really, but the middle part is for seeing the middle portion undivided):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the north.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	771.3 KB 
ID:	10295

Name:	the south.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	780.7 KB 
ID:	10297

Name:	the middle.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	786.8 KB 
ID:	10296

Thanks for all the great tutorials on this site, and for the kind comments! Finally I can display a map to my players which I'm satisfied with.....now their characters just need to stay alive long enough to explore it all

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Nice job, and I really like the border.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

... Stunning
    Love the muted green, and those symbols are great.
    Do you work with them as a whole map? That would probably slow my box down to a crawl..

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

I've got nothing specific or negative or constructive to say. Nice maps, they look pretty darn good.
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Muted green? I hope you're talking about the forests, cause I am red/green colourblind. So a lot of green looks brown to me, which is what I thought most of the map was, heh he...

I worked on the maps as one big map, yes. I only divided it into three parts in order to be able to upload it here. But I merged a lot of layers from time to time to create a background image so that it would be manageable. I think the largest file I worked on was about 1Gb....but yes, whenever I needed to save something it was usually a good time to go get a cup of coffee

As for the border, that's just a font I found, btw. I downloaded it from here.

Sorry to tell you man, but as long as I'm not color blind (my optician lying to me would be implied in this) it's green...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Yep, they look pretty darn good...nice job.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Hilarious

All this time I thought I was working with various shades of brown....argh!
    Oh well, green is a nice colour, too. Lots of goodies are green, like strawberries and rubies!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast