Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: February '09 Challenge: A Political Map

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Actually... "must" is pretty clear, the insignia / identifiers are not optional.

However, Korrigan, you could just use failry simple flags somehow. Most real-world flags are very simple and abstract. However, you'll want to read up on the basics of heraldry / flag design first, as not all colors are used in maps and there are certain standard shapes and layouts. (Your world may have different rules, but it's still a good idea to get familiar with the basics if you don't know them already.) Wikipedia should have all the information needed.

Don't worry about that, I read a lot about heraldry some times ago

The question here was mainly : are color codes considered political identifiers or not. I guess the answer is no, so I'll work on something more "graphic" ^^

EDIT : by the way, wikipedia doesn't have a lot about precise heraldry rules. If I have some time I'll translate a very good french site about it, which could interest some of you
    Last edited by Korrigan; 02-10-2009 at 01:45 AM.
    Back to business

I think that You can put me in this challenge (of course if it is still able to do).

Post Join in!

So join in, the challenge ends the 24th of February, so you have that much time anyway. Start a new thread in the Map Challenge Forum. Insure that you name it "February Entry:" and whatever you plan to name it. That's it, and you'll be "enrolled" in the challenge!

We welcome anyone who wants to join in!

Welcome!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Qbista View Post
    I think that You can put me in this challenge (of course if it is still able to do).
    Yeah - go for it. Theres a few sticky posts in the current challenge topic. One is the rules and general info and other is the thumbnails which I do so have a quicky look at that too. If you look a few posts up from here to #18 then thats the list I build for the entrants and the thumbnail script makes the thumbnail page which is also stickied in the current challenge topic. So when you have your entry thread ill add you to that list and when you post a WIP image then put a little ### Latest WIP ### tag at the end of your post and the script will look at your thread and grab the latest image and put it into the thumbnails page. Its a manual run so it wont appear instantly in the thumbs but it will get there when I next run it... eventually...

Please some CL, my entry is in accordance with the rules of the challenge or I made something missing?
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/signaturepics/sigpic3377_5.gif

I have thought a little out of focus of the competition.
    Perhaps this was only an impression.
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/signaturepics/sigpic3377_5.gif

lol darn it, I finally come up with a good idea but I dont have nearly enough time

oh well, I might join for the heck of it, I have a few days left, don't I?
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in a rather scornful tone," it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many things."

"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master -- that's all."

-Lewis Carrol: Through the Looking Glass

You have one day left. :p

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast