Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [CC3] 7 png Magic Circle Symbol Pack 1

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

In the Dundjinni forums there are a bunch of alchemical & Black Magic symbols that some one converted for use, may want to check those out as well, if you haven't already.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Member

Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
    Cool.. Make sure you provide some type of information on license to be used with the images. Most people here use one of the Creative Commons licenses, but there are many others....
    urm... the circles them selves cant be licensed can they? else they may be under copyright from someone. but the ones I make will be free-use commercial or otherwise.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I'm wondering if anyone out there has some Wiccan books or Satanic worship books with pics of circles n pentagrams n such. I lost all of my witchcraft books back in college when I misplaced my girlfriend as well.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Blog Entries

I just had a look at these - hoo yah these are good ! Rep worthy at least

Arcana, are we able to design more smilies/emoticons for this site ? I want a rep bonking animated gif one...

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    I just spent the evening making some magic circles for my map. Thought I'd share them with you all.

The first and second one is based on the one often seen in Dungeon Magazine on the maps of mystery.

The seventh one is based on the alchemical circle from Guild Wars.

The rest are all original (takes on 5 and 6 point stars)

I built them all in vari-color with 3 resolution levels (HI, LO, VL). The first 6 are actually 3...one with magical lettering, one without. The seventh one does not have a non-lettered version.

Click here to download the symbol pack (1.9 Mb)
    And you say nobody gives you REP! I Repped ya!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Yes this topic caught my eye a while back too. Mainly because I am, infact, a practicing alchemist and a student of metaphysical and occult history and symbolism.

I actually run a panel at a con each year on alchemy and am looking to get one going for circles symbols and runes.

The solomons symbols you sepak of are called the keys of solomon and are 'supposed' to have been the method he used to control spirit that were what aided hime in the construction of his temple and other things as well.

There are many other sources for circle based mystic images and several mystic alphabets. If folks are looking for idea or advice on these let me know.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm all for a rep-bonk emote...if someone wants to design it...it needs to match the others somewhat though
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

btw...my interest in occult symbols is largely aesthetical, I think that symbology and runes are all some of the best parts of fantasy and history...thats why I have rune/glyph/circle tattoos
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Guild Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rovingjack View Post
    Yes this topic caught my eye a while back too. Mainly because I am, infact, a practicing alchemist and a student of metaphysical and occult history and symbolism.

I actually run a panel at a con each year on alchemy and am looking to get one going for circles symbols and runes.

The solomons symbols you sepak of are called the keys of solomon and are 'supposed' to have been the method he used to control spirit that were what aided hime in the construction of his temple and other things as well.

There are many other sources for circle based mystic images and several mystic alphabets. If folks are looking for idea or advice on these let me know.
    well, actually the 'Keys' of Solomon refer to the separate books of the legematon.

the circles themselves were what kept him safe, and the sigils are what called forth the angels or demons that he wished to speak with.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    and didnt really get to putting them into digital format today, was kinda busy, but I've got little to do tomorrow so I'll work on them then.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast