Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Temple of Krv Zrtva

Wip Temple of Krv Zrtva

Hello, All.

After spending a good deal of time reading through old threads in which Steel General, Turgenev, Gamerpainter and others have posted their temple creations, I have decided to start creating "top-down" building structures of my own. I would like to thank all three of the above mentioned people for the inspiration I have drawn from their beautiful creations.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I've gotten the impression it is better to create a new thread for each new creation as opposed to continually posting new material in the same thread? Am I correct in this assumption?

As time goes by and I get both better and more confident, I plan on branching out and start creating more temples, castles, religious buildings, etc. -- pretty much any interesting top-down building type -- and posting my work in this forum.

================================================== ======

As my first temple, I would like to introduce to you the Temple of Krv Zrtva (which, in the Serbian language, loosely translates to Blood Sacrifice).

Please note that all colors are only placeholders in order to differentiate between layers.

Without giving too much of the "store" (and backstory) away, let's suffice to say that this is the building in which the High Priest and his underlings take the ultimate sacrifice and present it to the Blood Sacrifice god.

More as the temple is created.

Here is my WIP of the temple:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Temple of Krv Zrtva (Serbian for Blood Sacrifice) copy.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	239.7 KB 
ID:	9930

As always, I welcome and solicit your comments.

Regards,

Gary
    In the end you will see, you is you and me is me.
    © May 29, 1980

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Well its up to you whether you have separate threads for each 'creation' - most of us do it that way, plus it makes things a bit easier to find in a search.

I'm assuming the dark blue dots are pillars?

Looking forward to seeing what you create here.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

You're off to an interesting start, Vandy. I can't wait to see how this temple develops.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Wip WIP Update for Temple of Drv Zrtva

PERSONAL REPLIES

Steel General - I like your advice of creating a new thread for each new creation. That does make more sense and I shall do that in the future.
    Yes, the blue dots are columns.

Turgenev - I must say that I certainly had inspiration for my temple. Thanks for your comments.

WIP UPDATE

Hi, All.

Real World has really been rearing its busy head lately. I haven't had much free time to work on my temple or any of my other projects for that matter.

I rebuilt (formatted, reinstalled WindowsXP and all applications) my wife's computer this weekend that THAT took quite a bit of time. I'm still in the process of getting all the applications I wish to use installed on my computer -- I'm afraid that's going to be an on-going task.

I tool some time today to work on my temple (yes, I know I have a world and a city to work on as well...) and wanted to post my results so far.

I'm rather pleased with it. I do know I have a repeating pattern in the temple floor and on the walls but I've not been able to figure out (yes, I've searched through the forums but must be dense or something...) how to get rid of it yet.

I'm a bit "hamstrung" in that I only have PhotoShop Elements with which to work until I can get my other graphics editors installed (Paint Shop Pro, PhotoShop CS3, GIMP, Inkscape). Once I do that, I'm sure it will open up new possibilities for me in creating maps and buildings.

Here is the current state of the Temple of Krv Zrtva:

Name:	Temple of Krv Zrtva (Basic Temple Complete) 02-09-09.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	1,008.9 KB 
ID:	10165

I realize I'm being a bit vague when it comes to describing what use the objects in the temple are. Let's just say that when it comes to the High Holy Days, the place that the comman man and woman wants to be is at the two large basins towards the back of the temple as this is where the masses are allowed to enjoy the sacraficial life fluid of the chosen ones.

Regards,

Gary
    © May 29, 1980

I think this is coming along very nicely Vandy.

The floor looks fine to me, I don't really see the 'tiling' and for on a floor I don't think it s a big deal. For the walls, if you used a pattern overlay you can try re-scaling the texture to see if that helps break up the pattern some.

Hope you get things squared away on your PC soon so you can be back to mapping at full-power.

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I like where this is going. Looking forward to seeing the progress

Wip WIP - Temple Update

Hi, All.

I found (stole) some time to work on my temple today and wanted to post what I've got to date.

Not sure if its a bit "overkill" or not (pun intended) but it is depicting the temple right after a ritual sacrifice.

Here is my WIP:

Name:	Temple of Krv Zrtva Temple with Left BAL) 02-18-09.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	10523

As always, your comments are not only welcome they are actively pursued.

Regards,

Gary
    © May 29, 1980

Savage bunch aren't they?

I think I would darken the red some, blood isn't usually that bright.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Looking good.

You could do with some drop shadows from your walls. Also, I'd suggest putting the blood under the shadows. At the moment on the altar to the let the blood looks like it is flying through the air as it isn't affected by the shadow. I agree that the blood could do with being darker.

Coming along very nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    Savage bunch aren't they?

I think I would darken the red some, blood isn't usually that bright.
    It is when is them poofy Elves
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast