Thread: FNG - "Friendly" New Guy

Guild Applicant

Info FNG - "Friendly" New Guy

Just confirmed e-mail and basics.

Professional cartographer by education and training working in a non-cartographic job.

Born 1950, in "Rural Los Angeles" - that's what the Birth Certificate says - of a multi-ethnic family (technically biracial also) and have kept that tradition with two "domestic models" kids (birth) and two "imports" (Delhi and Madras...I mean, Chennai) and married to a French-Canadian adopted into a Polish-American family.

Have always hand drawn maps for games/campaigns but thinking automation would be nice. First I need something newer then this Windows 98 machine...

Post Welcome!

Welcome to the Guild, Glenn - er, Warbeads!

Post up some scans of your hand-drawn work, we'd love to see them! I actually run one of my mapping apps on a Windows 98 system, though I mostly use a Vista system now. I do both hand-drawn work and purely digital work, depending on what my subject is and my mood!

Again, welcome!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Welcome the community.
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/signaturepics/sigpic3377_5.gif

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

Cool - a real pro ( unlike me cos I'm such a fake one ). Should be good to see some of your work. Theres a few of us trying to find ways to make progressively more complex maps using automated scripts. You will have to tell us about that background some more and what software your planning to use to make them with. And yeah, win98 is a bit long in the tooth now - used to crash a lot when I had it.

Welcome to the Guild, Warbeads/Glenn. When it comes to maps, you've come to the right place.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Welcome to the guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave