Thread: Trader's map (simplistic)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map Trader's map (simplistic)

Hello and thanks for reading my post.

I am a new guy here, but love maps and making them.

I am in the process of creating an overview land map for a game I am running and would like for any and all to comment on my little map.

If you would like a brief history and story about the area, I can probably update the post, but that is a different matter.

I originally drew this by hand in my plentiful spare time at work, and have uploaded the original drawing on my album (feel free to check out my other attempts at mapping there).

The map draws inspiration from the Tolkien style maps. I really love those types of maps the best because not only are they simple, but because they leave many things to the imagination which is always a plus for DnD games. Beauty through simplicity.

The map was created using CC3 and some CC2 symbols along with a few Tolkien-style fonts found over the internet (Dwarven Ruins -2, DS Celtic-1 & 2, Aniron).

Please let me know what you think! Thanks again.

-- EDIT --
    I changed the scale after playing around in symbol creation. Now that I know how to make symbols I can make better looking scales. Thanks again guys!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trader's Map to Percha.JPG 
Views:	745 
Size:	817.8 KB 
ID:	10017  
    Last edited by shpena; 02-05-2009 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Map fixes - stupid colored scale is now gone!!!
    "Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils."
    - Louis-Hector Berlioz

All my work is released under the Creative Commons 3 license. Feel free to use and copy, but please give credit where it's due