Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone used a Cintiq?

Post Anyone used a Cintiq?

First let me say I love my Wacom tablet. I've got an older Intuos 6x8. I've had it for...man, over 8 years I think. I'm sure I don't use it as much as I should, but Photoshop et al. has always been my hobby, not my job. So i don't feel guilty. And when I do reach for it, I love the versatility. Anyway, I've always thought the Cintiq line is just amazing. I'm in a position now where I could actually get one. It certainly isn't anything I "need" but then neither is the other tablet. I'm just curious if anyone here has any experience really using one. How do you like it? Good stuff, bad stuff? etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by JFJohnny5 View Post
    First let me say I love my Wacom tablet. I've got an older Intuos 6x8. I've had it for...man, over 8 years I think. I'm sure I don't use it as much as I should, but Photoshop et al. has always been my hobby, not my job. So i don't feel guilty. And when I do reach for it, I love the versatility. Anyway, I've always thought the Cintiq line is just amazing. I'm in a position now where I could actually get one. It certainly isn't anything I "need" but then neither is the other tablet. I'm just curious if anyone here has any experience really using one. How do you like it? Good stuff, bad stuff? etc etc
    I know Robbie (Arcana) has one for his job (I am so jealous!) Not sure about anyone else though, most of the other people who post on the Tablet thread seem to have Intuos, Bamboo(me), none, or another brand.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Journeyer

I have lusted after one forever, which is strange, as I can't draw.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I do have one and it is absolutely the greatest thing in the world. I would whole heartedly recommend it to you. Just make sure that you can get a good angle on it...you have to adjust some of your normal ergonomics, which kinda makes it suck at first but if you stick with it, its awesome. I've actually worked my way nto a configuration where my second monitor is above the cintiq..so from the side it looks like this:

/
    \_
    With the underline being the keyboard and the slashes are my two monitors...cintiq on the bottom.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

That's an interesting setup Arcana. I have two monitors (just regular old monitors) setup like that now. A 24" wide on the bottom with a 20" wide above it on a protracted arm. I think I'd like to use the Cintiq mostly on my lap... I never considered this sort of "easel" setup below the monitor. Hmmm...

Blog Entries

I'll try and get a photo monday.

PM sent to you JFJohnny5.

Blog Entries

Here's my arrangement..works pretty good.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN5557.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	324.0 KB 
ID:	10166  

drool.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast