Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't belive in this idea

9 81.82%
  • I have faith that this will be a good project

2 18.18%

Thread: Suggestion: Pantheon family tree

Post Suggestion: Pantheon family tree

Okay another idea here, say your fantasy world or alien species has devinities and a mythology that covers them.

How about a map of the devine family tree. The convoluted interbreedings of the devine and their decendants would make an awe inspiring chart I think.

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Again, I am sorry, but as your suggestion stands it's a chart instead of a map. Not that it isn't an interesting subject, but I am not sure it's appropriate for a map-making forum.

If you think it would be interesting and if it would stretch your map making skills go ahead. Lots of virtual maps are not of land and water. Still, I'm mostly in agreement with bartmoss - I'd be interested to see how map-like the result was.

Sigurd

No need to constrain the word "map" to only geography. Pedigree charts are maps of a sort, and we've talked a few times about other ways we present information graphically, such as the relationship maps I make for my games.

I'm not real sure I'd like to see it as a monthly challenge, but we still have yet to use the mini-challenge forum.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

I second Midgårdsormen.