Map (Click to enlarge)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nb_end.png 
Views:	139 
Size:	858.5 KB 
ID:	109570

Created in: Wilbur / Gimp

Review
    What is interesting and different about this map is that it is not fantasy or Sci-Fi, but a modern map of an alternative world. Consequently the layout, colours, key and topography are laid out accordingly. The mountain ranges were created in Wilbur and exported to Gimp.

Ruedy has done a fantastic job of replicating to a professional level a tourist map style using tools that are freely available on the internet. There is nothing surplus to requirements in the map, every element has a purpose and clarity is paramount.

Ruedy is one of a number of 'micronation' mappers who have recently joined the guild and have enriched the guild with a new style and genre of mapping.

Original Thread
    Click here to view the original thread and find additional links to the WIP thread.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Excellent choice Ravs!

...and big kudo's to Ruedy for a excellent job!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Highest marks for professionalism, excellent job.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Wow, that's a big surprise.
    This recognition is a great honor for me, I thank you very much.

This is obviously an incentive and also a reward for the many hours that a hobby-cartography-designer concerned with the issue.

Thank you!