Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Greetings

I am almost done with this one.

I used NeonKnight's trick on the text; however I did not succeed in adding a glow on the calligraphed text.

I created a special layer for it in CC3, applied a glow effect, but instead of having the glow on the letters, it appeared on the edge of the scan (eventhough the background is now transparent).

I tried to apply a glow directly from the GIMP but -to my unending shame- could not find this effect in the various menus (the only things I found were "SoftGlow" which did not seem to have any visible effect and "Alien Glow" and "Neon Glow" which do not blend too nicely on the map!).

It might be sitting just in front of me but it seems like I will need some help here...

Thanks in advance...

So now it is done.

I applied the glow to the calligraphed text from the GIMP (using a plug-in for layered effects found on the net... It was indeed simple) and imported the result in CC3.

I think I will now post it in the Finished Maps section with some background details, as this thread is already probably overstretched for an introduction post.

Thank you everybody for all the advice. I enjoyed very much doing this first map. This exercice gave me the interest in practicing both calligraphy and mapping again!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Terra Incognita.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	4.38 MB 
ID:	10362  

Congrats on a Kick Ass Map!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Blog Entries

Hi Fabrice, Didn't spot your thread until now. Nice map btw and I see your already on the members map. Well done. Welcome and see you around.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123