Thread: Greetings

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Greetings

Hello everybody

My name is Fabrice, I have been playing various RPGs since my teens but had to cut down these last years due to an assignment in a place where computer games are the exclusive diet of the gaming population.

I stumbled upon the Guild a few weeks ago and was amazed and inspired by what you people can create... So here I am, equipped with the CC3 software (my drawing skills peaked at age 4 and have been steadily decreasing ever since, so I like the wealth of ready-made symbols...) and with a first try of a map, based on some mini-setting I day-dreamed a few weeks ago, and that I would like to submit to this noble assembly, so that I may understand what is wrong and how to set it right.

Already I can see that the text labels are not easy to read, that the sea appears beyond the map border for some arcane reason, that the estuaries look odd... Any suggestion of improvement would be welcome.

Another thing that eludes me is how to make the white background surrounding the scanned, hand-"calligraphed" text on the right-hand side of the map somewhat transparent. Anyone able to teach me this trick shall be rewarded with a royal amount of gratitude, as I was kind of hoping I could insert compositions in the maps...

I apologise for the long introduction and thank you all in advance for your valuable advice.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Terra Incognita.PNG 
Views:	86 
Size:	3.96 MB 
ID:	10034