Thread: DD3 Dwarven Temple

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post DD3 Dwarven Temple

Here is my first DD3 map. After the busy CC3 of Starstone I've tried to keep this less cluttered. It is an old Dwarven tomb (part of - more to follow) which has been taken over by undead. They will be found on lower levels. The Scenario is from Dragonsfoot.

The main floor is black marble, which I have overlaid with another floor to depict dust and grime. I used a similar effect at the entranceway to show dirt on an old stone floor.

For the grid (1" = 5' hopefully) I hid the main Background layer, and set the grid to white. Added some effects to mute it a little.

The red "stripe" outside the building is a work around for printing. I did a print preview, and it showed that 6 of 16 pages would be blank except for the northern (top) wall section of the two stairway rooms. I can select which pages to print on my printer at home so am happy to not print empty pages. I simply drew a 10' section of wall which I can trim out. As I usually cut round printed floor plans, and strick them onto card this should work for me. (My middle name is Bodge).

I was pleased with what I achieved here, more in finding ways around a few problems and in using a "dust" layer to mute the rather bright marble floor, which would have been spectacular when it was first laid.

As before, thought's and tips appreciated. I know you're on my side really!

Oh and a BIG word for Joseph Sweeny. His tuorials not only helped me here, but were the final nail in the coffin of my credit card.

Bonzer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jarl1.PNG 
Views:	340 
Size:	165.8 KB 
ID:	10069  
    We will either find a way, or we will make one.
    (Emporer Hannibal)