Thread: The subterranean Ather

Wip The subterranean Ather

Kind of middle-way WIP.

Ather is a subterranean realm, occupying a cave roughly 2000 by 1500 kilometers size. A part of giant cavern complex, the Ather chamber (Card'e'Ather) is the land of proud men, defending their country, religion and lord with their lives.
    It is a part of my larger roleplaying setting - the subterranean world inhabited by humans and many different species, all having mechanical augmentations in common.

Waiting for your critique - I hope you'll enjoy the map!

(I have no idea when I'll finish this one, because recently I definitely lack free time for mapping )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	athermap-nocaptions.png 
Views:	107 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	10074  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

It's a nice start... very much liking the parchment background.

Hope to see some more progress on this soon.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Great start and a nice clean style. It looks like crowsquill on parchment.

I'm not sure what the dark brown ring around the lake which surrounds the city is meant to be. If cliffs then you might want to use the black lines to draw them (in the same style as your mountains) rather than rely on the colour as (for me) it confuses with the parchment texture.

The rings around cities are supposed to be walls. The style I copied from one of old maps of Rome, I don't remember which one now. They look better with bigger resolution of map, and this one is just 1000 by 1018 pixels - original map is about 2500 by 2400 or something like that.

This map is not finished yet, lots of detail has to be done or corrected - as are walls for the cities - but I couldn't wait to show it to you

It seems I haven't understood what you meant... These are the cave walls. Not so legible, I suppose.
    Last edited by hunab.cu; 03-23-2009 at 02:02 PM.