Thread: Campaign: Isles of Adventure

Wip Campaign: Isles of Adventure

This is my first post here! I found this forum a little while ago and love all the information. THis is also the first map that i have digitalized of my first ever campaign in my first homebrew setting. So its alot of firsts.

My setting at the moment before we expand into the rest of the world is a series of islands centered in the middle of a temporal oddity. So directions and distances are messed up on all of the maps they have found.

Using CC3 (just learning it as well) i have digitized my first map here. Comments, thoughts or tips?

Islands:
    Island 1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Isles1.PNG 
Views:	70 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	10210  
    Last edited by NeonKnight; 02-10-2009 at 11:51 AM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

First off...Welcome Aboard!

Secondly, since you uploaded a map in your very first post I will dub thee... newly repped *bonk*

It's a very nice start for someone just picking up CC3 (I'm not a CC user), but I think what it needs is a bit of variety on the terrain. For example, change the land beneath (and slightly out from) the mountains to a brown or grey. You could also change the color of the ground beneath the hills in the NE to a darker green.

For me this would help to 'break up' things a bit. After a minute or so all I start ssing is the jungles or the terrain underneath.

Be sure to check out the tutorials section, there are some really good ones on CC3.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome to the Guild.

First, I put your map in as an attachment (some folks like to 'view the little versions first, I do ).

Second, it is indeed a nice start with CC3 you have there. I can see you are experimenting with some glows and blurs, so I know you are well on your way to some good maps.

Good Work and have some REP.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Welcome aboard!

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It looks tons better than anything I could ever produce with CC Some labelling and a scale probably wouldn't hurt, though.

Welcome to the guild.