Thread: Tenoctris

Belgium - Lands of chocolate and the Marsupilami

Post Tenoctris

The campaign world on wich we play is a demi plane named Illdhann.
    Created in a divine and huge cauldron wich brewed the elemental force with the magical energy of the etheral plane, it was attacked by the demon horde before it was finished.
    As a result, the brew of the world flows on the floor of the multiverse like a "half cooked soup".

Illdhann is actually a demi plane bathed in the etheral plane (wich provides his magical energy) and consist of three major continents (Brannaegh, Tenocris and the Hilversun Archipelago). Continents are major finished landmass floating on a endless and infinite sea bordered by etheral mists. Travels from continent to continent means crossing the etheral sea and is (at least) very perillous.
    For that reason, each landmass has a specific climax. Moreover, the relief of these continent and the weather don't obey to universal (and material plane) laws.

Tenocris is one of the three continents. It's covered by primal huge rainforest. During ancient times, the evil sarrukh civilization ruled these lands. Now, their ruins lays under vegetation while other civilisations rises up : elves and yuan ti.
    Tenocriss is also knowed for their reptilian faunae : dinosaurs wander the deepest place of the forests

Enjoy - C&C welcome
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tenoctris 1 carré = 500 km.png 
Views:	66 
Size:	481.4 KB 
ID:	10099   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tenoctris 001.png 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	10100   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tenoctris 002.png 
Views:	76 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	10101  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

This looks pretty good Mork, I even like the blocky mountains. In the end, though, I think you'll be forced to blur them up so that they don't look so blocky...so as to fit the style of the rest of the map which looks very "vectory" at the moment. That said, I still like it
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Nice back story and I'm liking the map so far. I do agree with Ascension that the mountains look blocky/pixellated when zoomed into full resolution.

Just a suggestion here...you could maybe very the green of rain forest (possibly use a gradient of some sort) and add a bit of texture to give it some depth.

Looking forward to seeing this develop and what you do with the other continents.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Belgium - Lands of chocolate and the Marsupilami

Thank's for comments...

Well... I have to confess that actually these are just exporting fragment of the world map. I'll use these exported map as the background image to draw the detailled map in wich I hope there will be less pixelisation.

I use a new way of drawing in wich all the relef layer recieve a bluring degree and a tranparancy mood... Hoping it would show a kinda relief.

Here is the WIP of the demi-plane
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Illdhann 001.png 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	10103