Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Don't Laugh, but.....

The Seven Curves river looks like it might be flowing UNDER the mountain range. Possible with an underground channel, especially if there is something like a submerged city built by stuntys that opened on both sides of the mountain.

Guild Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomadic View Post
    There used to be one but I can't find it. It was a link to a site that had 4 tutorials going from simple up to advanced 3d. If you would like I could give you my version (it creates maps like the one below).
    Thats is the style I was looking for. Something semi-realistic. If you could produce that tutorial, I would be extremely grateful.

Guild Member

okay, ive downloaded some textures from CG textures. Now how do I import them into PS in order to use them?

I read some tutorial about swatches and some such thing, but I am not sure thats what I need.

I tried playing around with the Pattern Maker, but it wasn't to successful.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Open the picture of the your new pattern, at the top click on the edit button, then scroll down and click define pattern (something like that, doing this from memory as I don't have PS open at the moment). This will save the picture as a pattern that can be used as a pattern overlay, pattern fill, bevel/emboss texture, etc. but only into the startup memory for photoshop. Create a bunch of patterns and then in the preset manager define a set and save that as a .pat file for more permanence.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by voidgere View Post
    Thats is the style I was looking for. Something semi-realistic. If you could produce that tutorial, I would be extremely grateful.
    I haven't been able to find it even after a bunch of searching on google (it was on another webpage). So I may have to see about producing a new version of the tutorial.

Guild Member

thanks guys

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12