Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Scales of War Part 01 Rescue at Rivenroar

One more question: Are the jpg's located in this thread sufficient to use with Posterazor or is there a larger sized file that is needed?
    Sorry for all the hand holding.

Ryan

I also came from Penny Arcade's website, these maps are really great!

Thank you so much for sharing!

I also find the changes you made with the Gnomes something that I will be adding as well... it seemed too strange to me that they would fight to the death for Sinruth too.

-Mike

Question

Fantastic maps!

I googled my way here looking for maps for Rivenroar and a map maker.

What software did you use for these maps? (Dunno if that is a silly question, but I'm totally new to this stuff).

/Banno

Just wanna say thx for sharing these amazing colored & highly detailed maps.

I already have the dungeon levels 1 & 2 from elsewhere, but I was looking for the inn map & streets battle...Just perfect.

Have finished any other of the adventures in this AP? Any plans? Links?

I guess my only complaint is the squares seem to be about 1/2" or 3/4"...I wish they were about 20-25% bigger...

Great job!

EDIT : Do u have a grid version of the Ogre bombardier streets battle map?
    Last edited by BokaSyn77; 06-19-2009 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cogollo View Post
    This is the map I plan to use for the combat with the Ogre (page 14 of Rescue at Rivenroar adventure).

I plan to make a big battle out of it. As we are a lot in my gaming club, I was planning on asking a couple guys that won't play the campaign to come and play with some extra monsters and guards of Brindol to spice things up. I'll make all of them minions (both extra Hobgoblins and Guards) so that they don't take the glory away from the PCs. I plan to make it a big memorable battle, though.

Three of the buildings that you can see (the stables, smithy and the shop between the stables and the smithy) are reused buildings I found somewhere else (I only added a couple things). I have designed the other 4 buildings... was a lot of fun! though time consuming.

I still plan to add something more in this part of town and to add the southern half later on, but wanted to post it here so that you see what is coming...

edit- I have added more details and tried to solve the problems that Hoel pointed to in his post.
    Hi there. This map is great! I'm planning to print it and have that encounter played there. I have a problem thoug. I dont know how to add the grid to the map.
    I'm asking for anyone help. Could someone do that favor for me?
    Thank you all in advance.

If anyone knows how to grid that map from the ogre fight, please let me know. Thanks!

Not sure if anyone's still having issues with applying a grid to the Ogre Fight, but here's what I did, using maptool. The tavern is supposed to be a 15x14 area, so if you use that for reference and apply a grid of that size to it, you can tweak with the positioning slightly to get a very workable battle map.

It's not perfect, but it's a beautiful map, and I'm sure any players would be willing to ignore their token clipping into a wall slightly considering the quality.

Does the OP or anyone plan on doing maps further in the AP, such as Lost Mine Of Karak, Den Of The Destroyer, & Beyond The Mottled Tower...?

Perhaps these are done and some can post a link...?

good work on those maps!

Quote Originally Posted by Otakkun View Post
    If anyone knows how to grid that map from the ogre fight, please let me know. Thanks!
    Great maps man. Ill be using these over the initial set for sure. As for the grid, I used gimp to place a grid on the image. It was quite simple too. Just open the image. Then goto Filters ---> Render ---> Pattern ---> Grid. It will than pull up a dialogue box. In that box, you control the settings: line width, spacing and offset. Set line width to 2-4 px, spacing to 1 in and offset to 0 and WALLA, INSTA GRID.

Any word on the battle maps for 'Lost Mines of Karak' and beyond?

Just finished RaR and my group is heading to Overlook w/ the session that ended earlier tonight...

These maps are too good not to have...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234