Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Map based on a dungeon magazine floorplan

thank you for the file, Arcana
    I will definetely use this in one of my next maps.
    It's great.
    Come to where the kobolds are...
    www.dnd-gate.de - The German D&D Community

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Updated with DD3 art.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arsala__aurellis__sharnalon__draelins_tower_585.jpg 
Views:	532 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	310  
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Guild Journeyer

Nice map! The only changes I would make would be to get a little more of a large, soft shadow behind the numbers (look at how well the '4's are visible in the two bedrooms to the right), and get a little bit of a shadow or emboss or something on the magical symbols (the red and the light blue get lost). Oh, and the tower shadow in the upper left doesn't match the rest of the dropshadows as far as angle goes.

Overall, great map, thanks for posting it.

loyd

Very nice map Arcana

To give it more height, you can add shadows to the walls and perhaps play a bit with other shadows.
    I also agree with Loydb on the shadows, but for all text. Just add a little perspective shadow and it will all float a little above the map.
    To create even more height for the circular staircases, you could add a drop-down shadow that becomes larger when the staircase gets higher.

Excellent work
    Also visit Dundjinni, Four Ugly Monsters, the Nook, Battlegrounds Games, Fantasy Grounds, RPTools, RPGMapShare, Eruvian, Dragon Roots, RPG Virtual Tabletop, Troll Lord Games, GameMaster Syndicate and meny, many others

Professional Artist

Rob, there's quite a few things on the first version of the map which are on not this one: Text shdows, Wall shadows, etc. Did you turn off effects for the enw one?

You also still have quite a lot old-syte symbols on there: doors, windows, circular stairs. Will you be replacing those too? I think it'll look better.

Blog Entries

Dang,...I busted on this one...yeah I forgot to even turn on sheet styles before rendering...I thought something was missing.

As for doors...They're DD3 art from CC3 release, not from DD3's recent release...I added the red arcs.

The windows of course, are in fact CC2 art...I kinda like those windows better really...mainly because I don't want to cut up my wall to make the DD3 windows work.

The circular stairs are still the CC2 ones because I couldn't MIRCPY the new ones because the png art won't mirror...is that a bug or a feature?

I'll make some changes today and upload again, deleting this old one...

Professional Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana
    The circular stairs are still the CC2 ones because I couldn't MIRCPY the new ones because the png art won't mirror...is that a bug or a feature?
    An unfortunate side effect du to the way pngs/bitmaps are implemented. What you can do, is to create copies of the pngs and mirror them in another application like Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro. Then import these into CC3 as new symbols.

Hey guys!
    Great map! I was actually making this map in Maptool but without shadowing on the walls, I abandoned it after the main floor. It just didn't look right.

Think you could post another version without any doors? I prefer adding doors with Maptool so that I can open them during game

Blog Entries

I'll see if I can find this map file when I get home...it should be on my other laptop...I'll upload it then.

Quote Originally Posted by dorpond View Post
    Hey guys!
    Great map! I was actually making this map in Maptool but without shadowing on the walls, I abandoned it after the main floor. It just didn't look right.

Think you could post another version without any doors? I prefer adding doors with Maptool so that I can open them during game
    Dorpond!!! Great to see you over here!! Everyone, this is Dorpond. If you have any questions about what MapTool can do, and/or want a demonstration of it. He is the man to ask.

Oh, and welcome to the Guild!
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast