Thread: Greetings

Post Greetings

Hello, I am looking in to improve my (meagre) map-making skills. I am also interested to see what software is used by people and what they can get out of it

Welcome to the Guild.

Biggest software use is GIMP and CC3 (www.profantasy.com).

Myself I use CC3 exclusively and I think I get good results from it
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!

I use Photoshop, and on occasion 1 or 2 others, though it's few and far between.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome aboard

Welcome to the Guild!

I use CC3, Photoshop, and Illustrator. You can see what few maps I've managed to take to completion in my gallery, viewable through my public profile.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Welcome to the Guild!

I use Xara Xtreme for all, most or some of my maps. I use Photoshop/GIMP for some image editing/bump map stuff, Nendo/Raydream for 3D objects, terrain, effects, and PD Particles for plants sometimes. Sometimes I hand-drawn, scan and enhance in Xara.

You use what you're most comfortable with or what gets you the results you want. Its more important what you use, not what we do, because our software of choice is all so different.

There is a core of GIMP and CC3 users here, though, as NK mentioned.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Welcome to The Guild. I'm a pea brain so I can't figure out how to use them fancy schmancy vector programs so I just go with Photoshop. Gets me through just about everything except some of the fancier brush work that you can get with GIMP and vectors (image tubes and aligning the brush to a path, respectively).
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps