Thread: Hello to everyone

Post Hello to everyone

Hya folks,
    Just thought I'd drop an intro in here. I'm no cartographer...yet, well not in the sense that you guys would classify. I have hand drawn numerous complex dungeon maps, as well as world terrain maps of which have been lost since my AD&D days. I was a great fan of board games such as HeroesQuest,DarkWorld,BattleMasters and the like and still play on such boards as Axis and Allies with my boys.
    I recently began reading the DragonLance novels and have been inspired to finish my own novel that I began years ago. I would like to create the world that I have envisioned the story to take place in and thanks to a link I came across in this introduction section I was wisked away to profantasy.com where it looks like they have all I need to bring my vision to life. (Thanks for that link btw NeonKight)
    I've been looking for a zoomable map of the DragonLance world of Krynn; would anyone happen to know where I can find one....for free?

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!

A quick google search revealed this fairly large and detailed map of Krynn. Might not be exactly what you are looking for, but maybe it'll help you get started.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Thanks for the map pal. I suppose it would have helped if I used the name Ansalon in the search rather than Krynn. I appreciate your help and thanks for the welcome.
    The Ultimate 3 dimensional world of tactical military training and gameplay, puts creation at your fingertips with boundaries only restricted by your imagination.

http://www.cartographersguild.com/signaturepics/sigpic6217_1.gif

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

You're most welcome.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome to the guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave