Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A possible I.C.E. commission!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Cool beans!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Yea that's pretty dang awesome. Best of luck with it.

Post Ok, a different commission...

Ah, the trials and tribulations of the publishing industry.

The bosses at I.C.E. want to put off that project for a bit, so I've received a different commission on a different I.C.E. project - what do you know.

I'll post more when I know more - something to do with a book called Cyrandon and a detailed map of a peninsula going into the Carnal Sea.

Anyway, more commissions, always a good thing!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Post OK, one of seven maps for I.C.E.

Finally got some I.C.E. map commission work. I've been given 7 maps to create, already completed with 6 of them which were all encounter scale maps, and this last one, which I'm almost complete. I haven't labeled anything, placed the town/village symbols or the roads yet - that's next.

Just for your perusal and critique!

This is supposed to be a map of the Awakened Lands. Apparently some catastrophe had "destroyed" this region and turned it all into sterile desert. But a recent magical source has awakened the circular area of this map.

Enjoy!

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	awakened-lands.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	391.9 KB 
ID:	12849  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Interesting concept and your usual good stuff GP...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I second Ravs...the line work is great.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

great looking map.

Post Thanks, but more to do

Thanks guys, but of course, when working from a crude rough draft. Sometimes I don't see what the client actually wants so some changes, and still not finished.

The mountains were too wide apart, the valleys needed to be much narrower. They want town symbols, actually asking for top downs, but the scale is too large to facilitate that. So on experiment, I created some village, town, ruin symbols and placed them. I've got more to place, but somehow I figure some of village placements are actually towns, etc. So this is a temporary next step waiting for approval and further information to do a better job.

I improved the desert areas I think.

C&C welcome!

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	awakened.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	12980  
    DrivethruRPG store

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast