Thread: Need help with mountains in cd3

Help Need help with mountains in cd3

I want to create a map of the large city that is the home base for my campaign.

The city is boxed in to the north and east by mountains and to the west is a large river.
    I’ll try to include a “very” crude sketch. The only drawing tool I have her e is Paint as I’m working now.

I’m going to use cc3 & cd3 for my map.

Thnx to the great Tutorial of gandwarf (thnx You’re great) I’m confident that I can the map of the city, but I have a few thing I don’t know how to tackle as of yet.

1. I want to place a few homes and the castle on the mountain, but I have no Idea of how to do this.
    I have tried to place several layers of terrain with the colour of stone atop of each other then use
    the bevel and blur sheet for depth, but that looks rather messy. Using the symbols of mountains is
    also not an option as placing homes on that would really look silly. So I’m looking for a way that
    looks good with the rest of the city.

2. how do you create the roads for those homes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	naamloos.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	10291  
    Last edited by 123456789; 02-12-2009 at 05:21 AM.

Are you looking for an effect like this?
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=3723
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Yes Gandwarf that is exactly the effect I was looking for.

could you indulge a Lay worschipper Into praying for the knowledge for its creation?

great map by the way.

I am at work right now, so I can't run CD3. However, I did explain how to create those cliffs here:
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...?t=3983&page=6

Are those instructions enough or do you need something more?

Oh, and please share any maps you create. I love to see other city maps, especially city maps created with CD3.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...