Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: [Award Winner] Simple Mountains in Gimp

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Squirrel View Post
    I have a problem... On step 5, whenever I try to fill in the Feathered Selection with a rendered cloud, it completely disregards the "Feathered" part and does the original selection.

How can I fix this?
    What version of software?

Are you sure you have a feathered selection? What happens if you drag a solid colour (FG or BG) on the map?

-Rob A>

I have the latest Gimp version

and yes, I am sure I have a feathered selection. My rough selection is significantly curved whenever I feather it to 50 px.

When I drag a color to the map, the color still doesn't see the feathered part and colors in the original selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Squirrel View Post
    When I drag a color to the map, the color still doesn't see the feathered part and colors in the original selection.
    Then something is wrong, as any action should respect the selection. Not sure what more to say, as I've never seen that behaviour.

It really seems like you don't have a selection. What happen when you hit the quickmask toggle :

-Rob A>

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Problem.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	32631

This is basically what happens. THIS IS ONLY AN EXAMPLE.

The selection is feathered 50 px. when I do Filter > Render > Clouds > Solid Noise, my selection is disregarded and goes to the original selection.

here is the map I am currently working on.

the mountains are already lassoed.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Looks like you were working on the layer mask rather than the layer.
    I ran through the steps but cut the feather amounts in half for the scale. Here is the file attached.

Note:
    - The new channel I created based on your selection (step 2).
    - The three new layers. All were created filled with fg colour (black) then the selection was loaded from the saved channel and feathered and filled as per steps 3-6.
    - I added an extra layer called mtn colour and filled the feathered selection with grey to make the mountains more mountainy.

-Rob A>
    Attached Files Attached Files

thanks a million!

OK, after attempting to do the mountains I am running into a situation where I am not getting my peaks to look correctly:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	issue with curves.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	180.5 KB 
ID:	46353

Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?
    Last edited by Greyh Seer; 07-07-2012 at 07:59 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast