Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Terrathion

Wip Terrathion

Hi Everyone,

Here is my updated black and white map. I've now given it a nominal name and added mountains and rivers. I will be working on adding the countries and cities but report cards are in the way right now. Hopefully, I can get this down for the February challenge.

Jason
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Terrathion.JPG 
Views:	162 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	10356  

It's Iceland and over it Ireland on the right. But where did you get the large shape on the left? First I thought that was Svalbard, but that turned out to be wrong.

EDIT: Just read your other post on this map. The main mass in the Falklands (Islas Malvinas), Right. I Knew I recolonised it from somewhere.
    Last edited by gorkamorka; 02-14-2009 at 01:00 AM.
    ---
    Gorkamorka

Yes,

What I've done is take some real world islands and rescaled and modified them. Obviously, Iceland and Ireland stand out. I've combined the three Falkland islands and the main group is the Shetland islands at a larger scale. Finally, I've use the Philipines at the bottom but just rotated them. I think it gives a good effect.

Jason

Blog Entries

Yeah I spotted Ireland right away - perhaps if rotated I might have missed it tho. Not a bad start but your gonna get a ribbing from players unless you can hide those places.

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Unless this is deliberately a silly or "weird" fantasy world, you should definitely edit ireland and iceland, as they are quite easy to see. Just combining them into one island would probably already do the trick. The style of the map is nice.

Wip

Thanks for the feedback. I've made some adjustments with Ireland and Iceland which makes them less obvious. Now to start adding country borders. I'm going to use a Mercator style. Here is the updated map.

Name:	Terrathion.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	4.46 MB 
ID:	10412  

Wip

Here is an update. Have to add city names. What are some peoples methods for creating names?

Name:	Terrathion with Country Names.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	2.03 MB 
ID:	10447  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

You can try this site that I found after a quick GOOGLE - http://www.rinkworks.com/namegen/

I'm sure there are other ones out there as well.

You know if you added some flags/coat of arms, etc. to this map you could enter it in this month's challenge.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

this is my favorite generator

http://www.squid.org/rpg-random-generator

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast