Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Disturbing Findings...

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    So I could get a version of this script to write the input to the thumbs generator script. May need some final CL clean up to add the odd WIP tag where people have posted more stuff in the thread after the final map but thats no biggie and it should be pretty obvious where that's required.
    If you can find the first post and grab the first image. The Finished Map forum rules require the first post to be the "final image" to be eligible for Cartographers Choice, so that really should be the only image your looking for.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I think that the way you have it in the link (http://www.viewing.ltd.uk/Temp/CG/Ch...gers_Feb09.htm) would work perfectly.

Here's the link )http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...1538#post51538) to the beginnings of the Compilation.

I know it's bad form to dredge his up again. No offense is intended, but I thought it was hilarious.

The strip is W.T. Duck by Aaron Johnson.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wtd090307.gif 
Views:	70 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	11005  
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

I wanted to toss this in in case anyone might be confused or unclear about licensing and also because it is a neat little wizard that gives you a license that you can use. I notice that some of you already have links to the CC site which could get you to this page as well.

http://creativecommons.org/license/

In addition, this page has all the various CC images that might make it easy for you to stamp your picture with. It also has some very clear definitions of what they mean:

http://www.flickr.com/creativecommons/

Finally, I wanted to mention that PhotoShop has the ability to add your information to your artwork and it gets embedded in the image data and thus travels with it.

File-->File Info... or Alt+Ctrl+Shift+I
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    Finally, I wanted to mention that PhotoShop has the ability to add your information to your artwork and it gets embedded in the image data and thus travels with it.

File-->File Info... or Alt+Ctrl+Shift+I
    Which is tremendously easy to flush out, unfortunately.

-Rob A>

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    Which is tremendously easy to flush out, unfortunately.

-Rob A>
    If the individual knows what to look for and has the software to do it. Nothing is fool proof, but the more steps you take the easier it is to win in court should it get to that point. The best way to win is simply make sure to save the original work with all its separate layers and effects. Still not a guaranteed win against a lawyer that can raise doubt, but a mighty powerful way to keep the jury on your side.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

That was a good post RP about the licenses. I'm wondering if there is some way that we could incorporate this into our posting somehow...like have some sort of clickable button (like the WIP, TUT, POST, etc. buttons) so that it would get added to the post very easily instead of having to figure out how to put these lil doodads into our signatures. I, for one, have no idea of how to do that. Also it would make things more flexible since not every image I post is mine and nor should every thing I post be copyrighted since some of it is just ramblings or scribblings. Just a thought.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Yeah agreed you should be credited for your hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    I think the main thing rubbing people wrong was the title of his account...using the word "by" implies authorship. If he had instead used something like "Cool pics I found on the net" then he's not implying that he made them.
    I'm not going to read the rest of this thread (when people on the internet go "oh noes someone posted my stuff on a photobucket account!", well, I've seen it before, and I've taken the stance that if someone isn't claiming credit for the work done (which crawls up my throat something fierce), I'm just going to go "oh internet, there you go again" with a small smile on my face), but I just wanted to note, because it's so easily verifiable and was the first thing that came to my mind, that that is the default page title for any photobucket account, ever. I checked this by checking my own Photobucket account, and lo and behold. I'm not sure you can even change the "by" part, even. It's pretty obvious that when you find a photobucket account lying around somewhere with a lot of pictures, it's going to be some 14-year old kid or a grandma's collection. If it was a private website, or a gallery site like DeviantArt, then it's more likely to be plagiarism, but not something like photobucket. Seriously, on the internet, verify first, witch-hunt later.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678