So, on a whim, I decided to Google some of the names of my maps I've created here, to see if and where they show up.

I was more than a little disturbed to find a Photobucket account "Pictures by Kreenakal" with hundreds of maps - most of them from the CG, including a bunch of mine, but there is no reference to where they came from, or who made them, other than the twisted idea, that this guy "Kreenakal" is the creator. I know I didn't give this guy permission to post my maps. So I sent an Abuse Email to Photobucket regarding that account.

Also curiously I found dozens of CG maps, in Gleemax Forums posted by a non-member of the CG, but I did find that he posted "here's a bunch of maps from the Cartographers' Guild"...

Just for those who use the maps found at the Guild. Most are CC licensed which gives you permission to use in your own personal games. The license does not give you the permission to post elsewhere online, without our express permission. Please, do not do that!

I've got no real problems with posting a map that has a link back to the CG, or to my own site, as long as you make it clear where the map originated and who created it. That's actually what I was seeking to find, when I googled tonight.

GP