Thread: Arab/Persian/Egyptian and Mediterranean Maps

Post Arab/Persian/Egyptian and Mediterranean Maps

Paizo is releasing a new Adventure Path this month called Legacy of Fire. As I begin to prepare for running that AP, I have discovered a dearth of good maps and map objects that are appropriate for the "Arabian Nights" type of setting. In anticipation of a large need for such objects and maps, I'd like to put out the challenge to the expert mappers out there to fill the gap!

This is a great chance to try new techniques, work with different color pallets and take a different approach to your art. Selfishly, it allows me to continue to benefit from your talent and dedication as I run my game for my friends

I'm in particular need of good battlemaps depicting the dusty streets that would be reminiscent of 13th century Persia, Egypt and Turkey. I also have a specific need for a battlemap for a fight that takes place in a dusty spice refinery over vats filled with a spice being processed into a fine powder. If anyone thinks that sounds like a challenge let me know and I'll provide more info.

In general, I just wanted to raise awareness that I think there is going to be an uptick in demand for "Arabian Nights" type of maps in the next few months. So if anyone is looking for a way to make a name for themselves, here is an opportunity!

Thanks,

Micco

Piazo can't say that we didn't offer
    Heh, yeah, I've been watching that. I just posted after spending the better part of the weekend trying to build up my store of Arabian Nights artwork and have found surprisingly little. Now, that could be more of a testament to my Google-fu than anything else. But I figured it wouldn't hurt to mention it!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Have you checked the Dundjinni forums?
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Post Arabic Street Tiles

Well maybe these could help you out. On a whim I decided to whip up some Arabic Street Tiles, five so far, I plan to make several more, just got to fit it into my schedule, somehow.

http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...9992#post49992

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Gameprinter,
    Those tiles are great, and that was fast! I'll definitely be able to use those in the months to come

Thanks!

Have you checked the Dundjinni forums?
    Doh! No I haven't checked the Dundjinni forums (and I even own the program. ) Off to do that now...