Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lite Challenge Rules - Please Read.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

It's not a hard and fast rule, it's more of a guideline. We try to get things done on time but sometimes we're all busy and it slips.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

all the time I've been in the light challenge it has ended on the 15th with voting going to the 20th aprox.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Sorry in advance if the question sounds silly, but can I still use a map I enter into the Challenge in a commercial product? Maybe even before the time for the challange runs out (if I get it done in time)? Rules at first glance don't seem to say anything against it, still wan't to ask before going ahead.

The official answer will probably be the same, but my unofficial understanding is that all of your artwork, WAS, IS and SHALL REMAIN your property to do with as you please ... so yes, you can publish your artwork. (the only contest related issue is that it must be started and finished during the contest period ... so an earlier work in progress nearing completion is ineligible for the contest).

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Your maps remains your property in all cases, so you are free to use the map in a commercial project or however else you choose. However, if a publisher is buying the map for their product, they might require that it be taken down from the CG until the project is published. It's always worth checking that with the client before posting WIPs of commissioned work on here!

Help

Question; can I subscribe to this Lite challenge tomorrow, August 14, for August/September or is it too late? I'm not english, but french and I'm not sure to have understand properly the entry rule for the date...
    thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by gen View Post
    Question; can I subscribe to this Lite challenge tomorrow, August 14, for August/September or is it too late? I'm not english, but french and I'm not sure to have understand properly the entry rule for the date...
    thanks a lot.
    Gen, the dates aren't exact, just a guideline for when the mods try to start the challenges

The August/September challenge hasn't even been named yet; the July/August one is just wrapping up this coming week.

So, for the August/September one, you're early .

Thank you, so, there is time! I wasn't sure, I'm kind of literal.
    How will I know the challenge is open? Do I visit the page daily to know?
    Thank you again for helping me understand...meanwhile, I will read the rules again.

Gen,

First thing that will happen is that the current July/August Challenge will close: all the map threads in this directory will be locked, and a new "poll" post will be created so that people can vote on their favorite map.

Then the poll will close, and a winner will be declared.

Then, when the mods get to it, all the threads in this forum (except for this one) will be moved to the "archive" forum, and a new post will be made announcing what the new challenge is.

There's no deadline for entering, until the threads are locked at the very end of the contest when voting begins.

As to exactly when the new challenge will be posted? If there's a better way than "checking every day", I haven't learned what it is yet .

Quote Originally Posted by LindaJeanne View Post
    As to exactly when the new challenge will be posted? If there's a better way than "checking every day", I haven't learned what it is yet .
    We've been trying to get more engaged in this this "social networking" think I keep hearing about

We should be posting content announcements on our FB G+ or twitter but we kind of suck at it

-Rob A>

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast