Thread: Return of the Lite Challenge: MOUNTAIN PASS

Default Return of the Lite Challenge: MOUNTAIN PASS

March/April/May '24 Lite Challenge: MOUNTAIN PASS

After a long hiatus, I am going to try to revive the Lite Challenge.
    Your mission should you choose to accept is to map a MOUNTAIN PASS.
    The setting is up to you, Fantasy, Geographic, Modern, Scifi, whatever you are interested in doing.
    You can create a large regional map showing the pass through a mountain range or a close up battlemap scale map
    that can be used for an ambush in your favorite RPG (like D&D or Pathfinder), or something in between.

Please remember to title each thread: "March/April/May '24 Lite Challenge: < your title here >"

Also remember to preface each image you want to show up in the thumbnail scraper with: ### Latest WIP ###
    (If you don't, your map won't show up for the voters at voting time, which might hurt your chances. ) Try using the WIP Icon to make it nice and easy.

Please note: If you put more than one image on the same post, only one of them gets picked up by the picture scrapper
    and it might not be the one you want.

The challenge will end on or about the 14th of May, after which we'll have 3 days of voting. The winner of this challenge will receive a silver compass, you know you want one!

Quick rules reminder: The Lite Challenge is open to anyone who has not already won 3 Silver compasses, 1 Gold Compass, or been selected as a featured Cartographer's Choice Map.
    Also, the map has to be started on or after the first day of the challenge, no reusing older maps even if they were not finished, unless you start over from scratch.

DEADLINE: End of day, May 14. This will be a 2 month Lite Challenge.

Excited the Lite Challenge is back! Will think up an idea for this one.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Nice!! I was about to start asking about the Lite Challenge in the CL thread... Glad you posted this up!! Can't wait to start!!
    --Edit: nevermind. I forgot I have a map on the Cartographer's Choice. It's been a while. A long while lol.

Del
    Last edited by Badger; 03-15-2024 at 03:54 PM. Reason: so as not to clutter up stuff and reply to my own response :D

Quote Originally Posted by delgondahntelius View Post
    Nice!! I was about to start asking about the Lite Challenge in the CL thread... Glad you posted this up!! Can't wait to start!!
    --Edit: nevermind. I forgot I have a map on the Cartographer's Choice. It's been a while. A long while lol.

Del
    I feel like maybe the Lite Challenge rules need some updating to allow more to participate (maybe three golds/cartographer's choice)?

Even if the mods don't agree, you can always still join the challenge just for fun even if you can't compete!

Quote Originally Posted by Turambar View Post
    I feel like maybe the Lite Challenge rules need some updating to allow more to participate (maybe three golds/cartographer's choice)?
    Even if the mods don't agree, you can always still join the challenge just for fun even if you can't compete!
    I concur with this notion, Turambar! Not that I'm the proud winner of anything , I still think the more the merrier! You could even offer an "honorable mention" award for anyone who can't win, but makes the effort anyway. Eh?
    Regardless, I'm so excited to see this back! Good show, Herr Bogermeister! And a great challenge to kick things off again. Now I just have to think of something I want to map. (think, think, think...)

I never partecipated to a lite challenge because I remember it was not allowed to partecipate if you won already the standard channel.