Thread: Bad News and More Bad News

Post Bad News and More Bad News

For those of you that may have been wondering about my recent absence over this last month . . . Well, lets just say it's not a good thing, sadly enough.

On the one hand, I lost my main hard drive thanks to the recent streaks of "heat waves" that have been plaguing us here in the Willamete Valley area. I was fortunate in that most of my software packages were on CD. Unfortunately, most all of my data files were on the lost hard drive. That means a lot of re-building now that my system is up and running again. This, however, is the least of the problems.

She's lived a good life for 97 some odd years, but, as of a few weeks ago, my grandmother's kidneys have failed and she has gone terminal. Hospice has stepped in to start caring for her and keep her pain at a minimum, but they are giving her less than six more months to live. Needless to say, I've been on the road quite a bit over these last few weeks and will continue to be on the road until the end so that I can spend as much time visiting with her as possible.

As if that wasn't enough, my sister and I lost a dear friend this last week. Initial autopsy reports suggest it was of natural causes and, possibly, related to the heat we've been dealing with over the last few weeks. It's been a struggle to contact her family, but my sister and I have managed to do so.

With all that has happened as of late, I hope you all will forgive me if I'm not around much over the next few months. I'll be trying to poke my head in as much as I can to see what's happening and, as time permits, will be posting a new WIP meant for an upcoming gaming convention/story. I hope everyone is doing well and look forward to a full return to the Guild once things have settled down on the Real World front.

GW
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Sorry to hear about all this GW, but no need to apologize for not being around, real-life and all the "stuff" it brings always comes first.

You have my thoughts and prayers, do what you need to do and come back when you're ready. We'll keep a candle burning for ya...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

My sympathies and condolences on all your issues.

Take care, and remember, we will be here
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Greatly appreciate the well wishes and sympathies. For whatever reason, this has been a fairly rough year in the real world. A few things we've seen coming and knew that we'd have to deal with them eventually. A few others came as complete surprises. Alas, that's the way things work in the real world though so the best we can do is take things with a grain of salt and move along.

GW
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Condolences for your trials. I hope you find the best in the worst.

Don't really know what to say but I'd say it if I knew.

Sigurd

Dollhouse Syndrome = The temptation to turn a map into a picture, obscuring the goal of the image with the appeal of cute, or simply available, parts. Maps have clarity through simplification.

--- Sigurd

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected AslanC's Avatar

My sympathies and prayers are with you and yours.

im sentimos mucho, ha sido un año duro para usted, mis condolencias y no te preocupes, eventualmente todas las cosas buenas se va, pero todos muy mal.

My work is under CC licences, you can see wich one apply in the work itself, if there is no CC logo, you can assume is an: Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported licence

Need more rights, just mail me and we can chat about it.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

That is terribly sad news. Remember to look after yourself as well as others in the times to come. Best wishes.