Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greetings!

Wow Thanks Monique you have told me more in one post than I've read in a load of self teaching!

Thanks!

anytime.. let me know if you have any more questions.
    I'm an old school girl, still working in the darkroom, with a pinhole camera and 4x5 negs. So anytime I get to flex my digital muscles I'm a happy camper.
    Monique

I miss my Rolleicord. The negs were huge on that and I had many hours of fun in the darkroom (this is going back over 25 years) in school. We did proper dodging and burning then! Hah!

Then I moved onto an Olympus OM1 which was lovely.

I was very lucky, my dad's best friend gave me his Leica complete with a bunch of filters both in immaculate condition. Unfortunately it was stolen.

My fave was getting a solarisation effect on trees...now of course with digital you just hit a button...it's not the same!

Hehehehe yea I miss the darkroom so much, I actually miss the smell of fixer the most.
    And odd thing, my leica was also stolen... I miss college!!

Monique

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Ugh Fixer! I used to work at a place that made microfiche - I hate the smell of fixer (and pneumonia which we used in our duplicators).
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Pneumonia? Perhaps you meant Ammonia? I think it would be weird to use a disease in photography...

Anyway Welcome to the Guild! Look forward to seeing the awesome maps!

Also, the flash idea is kind of intriguing... Post it if something comes out of that idea- I would love to see it...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Volsung View Post
    Pneumonia? Perhaps you meant Ammonia? I think it would be weird to use a disease in photography...
    You're right, that's what I get for posting when I'm half asleep.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

LOL yea... I used to work in the photo lab in college and I think the smell was ingrained in my brain... a nothing a little stop bath won't cure.

Yea.. we've been a bit busy this week with work and getting ready to see Andrew's fam on Wednesday.

Will keep y'all posted.

Monique

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12