Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: World with no name (yet)

Might as well go to the same source as you got the original tutorial from: Ascension did some experimenting with volcanoes shortly after he arrived. A search should find it.

edit: And never apologize for pixels. Bigger is better! As long as you're not stretching the forum viewport, that is.
    Last edited by Midgardsormr; 02-16-2009 at 09:26 PM.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Hey man, good work. Map looks very beautiful!

One thing though, if I may: some of the rivers seem a bit off, disconnected or meander in unnatural ways. Maybe it's my eyes or monitor though...I'm getting old
    "Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils."
    - Louis-Hector Berlioz

All my work is released under the Creative Commons 3 license. Feel free to use and copy, but please give credit where it's due

Your right about the rivers... I'm fixing it as we speak... and yea.. I'll look into the volcanoes.. Thanks!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

My volcano experiment is here:

http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=2252

It's not the greatest since I now know how to do it better but this is a good intro course kind of thing to get the juices flowing.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Thanks for the help, I'll post the new version of the map in progress tomorrow.
    It'll give me time to get read the tutorial through.
    Good night

Monique

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quite pretty, really.

That's very nice. Re volcanoes in the bottom south east corner of the map you have a submerged feature that looks just like a volcano to me so (without knowing anything about the software your using) can you do the same but on land?

Korba

Very nice.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Pretty map. I'd suggest making the water a bit darker, at the moment there are some areas where the water looks like it is above the land - but that might just be the SE lighting playing tricks on me

Very pretty.

Thanks!! and thanks for the advice.. I'll post the edited version of it.. still working on it a bit.

Monique

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12