Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Region 2] Empire of Kaidan (startup thread)

Just a thought, but you might want to consider categorizing your pages for easier reference. Just add a:

[[Category: Empire of Asahi]] that the bottom of each page you make for the region. If you want multiple categories, just put each new one on a new line.

If you do that, anyone wanting information about the Empire of Asahi can simply click on the category link, and have immediate access to every page with information.

-IG

Post Thanks!

Thanks for the tip, IG. I created a couple duplicate pages, that need to be deleted though. I couldn't figure out to create the link first then click to start the linked page until the third try!

I'll add the extra line with each page, though.

I'll be adding soon, more details, I've got lots of content coming soon! Some cool ideas too. I'm really getting into this assignment.

GP

PS: though I'm creating many of the main characters for my setting, illustration wise, however if Kimmo wanted to fill in some of the blanks, and he understands my setting, he can come up with ideas of his own as he does with his other illustrations.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Thanks for the tip, IG. I created a couple duplicate pages, that need to be deleted though. I couldn't figure out to create the link first then click to start the linked page until the third try!

I'll add the extra line with each page, though.

I'll be adding soon, more details, I've got lots of content coming soon! Some cool ideas too. I'm really getting into this assignment.

GP

PS: though I'm creating many of the main characters for my setting, illustration wise, however if Kimmo wanted to fill in some of the blanks, and he understands my setting, he can come up with ideas of his own as he does with his other illustrations.
    Alas, I'm not a CL, so I can't delete pages. You'll have to get one of them to do that.

Haven't seen anything from 12rounds in a while, actually. Hope all is well there.

-IG

Post 12 Rounds?

I saw 12 Rounds PMing last night - so he's still around, but don't know his status.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Post No map yet, but...

No map yet, I plan to get to that soon - and plans for lots of mapping to do!

Right now I'm still building the setting in the Wiki, though I seem to be creating more non-existent links than content. I am seeing there will be pages of information dedicated to each link which of the ones created are only a few paragraphs long. The basics for the Zao religion is in place - though it will be expanding eventually as well.

Even though this setting is supposed to be game system agnostic, certain requirements of magic and spell-use, monsters, non-human races and special effects may limit some gaming systems as this is generally a high magic setting with a very dark twist. I will be building a specific game system to work with this setting, though I will probably not directly post that here (I may link a PDF...)

After I create the greater regional map, I may divide it into "Ansium grid" sized squares as regional maps. My next plan is to create provincial and city maps as needed for an adventure start. However, I plan to create a separate regional map for each of the tentatively 96 provinces. Plus I need to map five to nine wilderness regional tracts.

My first planned city map will be (tentatively) Gajinoshima "Outsider's Island/Port" which will represent the only port facility allowing non-Asahi shipping to anchor for trade and relations, as most of Asahi are closed borders.

Some day (ahem), I'll need to create Fukuhara-kyo the Imperial Capital which I'm guessing to have more than 1.2 million people - meh.

Of course I will be creating encounter scale maps of many locations eventually as well.

I've put a lot on my plate.

Here's a direct link to the startup page in the CWBP Wiki:
    http://cwbp.cartographersguild.com/i...ring_in_Asahi:

Check it out, C&C welcome - changes can easily be made!

GP
    DrivethruRPG store

Post It looks like I'm doing a name change here!

Uh-oh, it looks like I'm going to do a name change here. Something funny happened on my way from another forum. I was talking about my Empire of Asahi, and someone brought a point to my attention...

Firstly, I chose Asahi, as it means "Rising Sun", which of course is the nickname of Japan, and since it lies east of Ansium, where the sun rises, it seemed appropriate.

However, Asahi is used for a number of products and publications in Japan, but the one most know by Americans is Asahi Beer - Japans premier domestic/export beer. The name association might make my Empire seem less sinister!

So I'm going for a name change on the Empire. I am now calling it Kaidan, which is far more appropriate. Kaidan is an archaeic Japanese term not used in current venacular, inferring ancient connections. Kaidan means "ghost or horror story".

Basically, I'm asking a CL to clean up my mess. I'm going to make changes to all my Wiki posts renamed to Kaidan, which means the new pages will exist but so will the Asahi pages, which will need to be removed. Plus the link on the World View will require renaming (and RedRobes script...) - ah sorry guys, but I think its for the best.

EDIT: its turning out more difficult to fix than I thought. I guess a CL is going have to create a duplicate location name "Kaidan", so I can copy all the existing posts and move them into new pages and new category, before I destroy any more links to pages, by changing names.

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 03-07-2009 at 02:05 AM.
    DrivethruRPG store

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I was going to ask you about this later today since I've been watching the World Baseball Classic. The early round games in the Asian pool are being played in Tokyo and I saw some banner ads around the stadium for something called Asahi and was wondering what that was. Now I know...can't have baseball without some beer. I wonder how hot dog translates. Anyways, good call on the name change.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Post I put it on a website!

In lieu of having the Wiki adjusted to make my setting name change and in collussion with the process, I decided to create an independant website (buried on gamer-printshop.com) to develop my own "Wiki" of setting information. I will work on both, once the things are setup.

In the meantime, if you want to check out the site's status - you can have a look at it!

Kaidan website

GP
    DrivethruRPG store

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Thread name changed per request.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Post Possible image for use in setting

GP - I stumbled across this image that I created several years ago when I was doing some clean-up on my secondary PC at work. I thought it might fit in well with your new setting.

Feel free to use it if you like (if not no biggie), just give me credit for its creation if you do.

IIRC it was created in Web3D or 3DFX (I have both).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skeleton Samurai.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	626.8 KB 
ID:	11148  
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast