Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [Region 2] Empire of Kaidan (startup thread)

Post Cool SG!

Cool, SG, it looks like a Ghost Warrior, one of the fallen of the Genpei War, listed on my Yurei (Japanese Ghost Page in the Wiki).

Actually though you may not realize it, the helmet worn by your skeleton is my 3D model, that I created and used to use as my avatar. I have it posted on TurboSquid and it used to be available as a free download 3D model from a couple other 3D sites, where I posted it (3Dcafe was one). You know this is the first time I've seen that model used by someone else. I can tell its mine, by the mustache on the mask, the two round objects on the side shields of the helm, the shape of the "horns" at the top front of the helmet, and the fat rope and knots I used to hold it on. I think that's very cool!

Also at Turbo Squid site, I have the rest of the armor for that Kabuto helmet, called a Haramakido which is basically a hauberk, with shoulder guards, and hip guards. I created those about 10 years ago.

That katana sword might be my design as well, but I can't tell for sure.

Since I have aspirations of publication for this project, I found me an excellent artist, with ultra cheap prices while trying to build experience working with independant publishers. If I purchase any of his art, I will post it here!

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 03-10-2009 at 04:56 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Undead samurai = coolness, way to go SG. Turbo Squid and 3D Cafe are two sites I haven't been to since I found this place but it's cool that you have stuff there, GP. Maybe I should go back and get some of those medieval houses and castles that I've always wanted.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Post updates!

OK, as far as map goes, I'm struggling to create a satisfactory styled hand-drawn set of mountains, as this island is 1800 miles wide, the land forms need to properly proportioned for that size. But should have something before too long.

I've added several Creatures of the (CWBP) on the world view page, actually several are categories of creatures like Yokai (shape changers) and Yurei (undead).

I've created about 18 pages in the Empire of Kaidan category, including a start-up Players Guide to Kaidan. I've developed the magic systems, still needs work though.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Did you know that your Zao page still has the Asahi tag instead of the Kaidan category? I would've changed it for you, but I wanted to make sure you didn't leave it like that for a reason.

-IG

Post Thought I got 'em all!

Quote Originally Posted by industrygothica View Post
    Did you know that your Zao page still has the Asahi tag instead of the Kaidan category? I would've changed it for you, but I wanted to make sure you didn't leave it like that for a reason.

-IG
    Whoops, I thought I got them all. If you see the word "Asahi" anywhere, change it, its supposed to "Kaidan". I think I may have a few instances of Asahi in the middle of some long paragraphs somewhere, change them if you find them. I completely missed Zao, though, that was a biggie!

That makes it 19 pages so far! I see a several hundred pages as being closer at completion.

Good catch, IG!

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 03-13-2009 at 12:49 AM.
    DrivethruRPG store

Another tip - I know (or think, anyway) you've got some pages that need to be removed, that were made prior to the name change. It might be easiest if you were to go back and empty the contents of those pages, and assign a new category "Marked for Deletion" or something of the like. That way, whenever a SysOp is so inclined, he can take care of that without risking deleting something that was meant to be.

Just a thought.

Also, I've noticed some things here and there that probably ought to contain links to your other pages and such. Unless you have any objections, I'll link 'em as I see 'em, if you want.

-IG

Quote Originally Posted by industrygothica View Post
    Another tip - I know (or think, anyway) you've got some pages that need to be removed, that were made prior to the name change. It might be easiest if you were to go back and empty the contents of those pages, and assign a new category "Marked for Deletion" or something of the like. That way, whenever a SysOp is so inclined, he can take care of that without risking deleting something that was meant to be.

Just a thought.

Also, I've noticed some things here and there that probably ought to contain links to your other pages and such. Unless you have any objections, I'll link 'em as I see 'em, if you want.

-IG
    Please do! I admit I'm taking the role of director of Kaidan's development, however, I'd consider you chief editor of the CWBP, unless someone else has that role. So link away. If you notice more "Kaiden"s instead of Kaidan, do as you see fit. If its a question of definition of terms or content, ask me about it first, but I remit to your good sense!

GP

PS: I'll go empty those pages and post as "marked for deletion" right now.
    DrivethruRPG store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123