Thread: The Groam Entry in the Wiki

Post The Groam Entry in the Wiki

Could any of you supercool wiki editing fiends tell me how to reformat the Groam page to look like the Thrubmorton and Beastlands pages with the small hyperlinked menu. Also at the moment the town of Kwourin is dealt with on the same page as Groam generally and should probably have its own linked page.

There is another mapped area in Groam, namely the Stormlit Cloister which Ravs did a fantastic map of for one of the challenges. Ravs, can you post that map to the wiki?

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Quote Originally Posted by Torq View Post
    Could any of you supercool wiki editing fiends tell me how to reformat the Groam page to look like the Thrubmorton and Beastlands pages with the small hyperlinked menu. Also at the moment the town of Kwourin is dealt with on the same page as Groam generally and should probably have its own linked page.

There is another mapped area in Groam, namely the Stormlit Cloister which Ravs did a fantastic map of for one of the challenges. Ravs, can you post that map to the wiki?

Torq
    The Table of Contents menu will appear automatically after there are (I think) at least three different sections on the page. Right now you've only got one, for Kwourin.

You might add sections in there detailing the agriculture and ecology of the area, another for major settlements, and a third for other important features (such as an important mountain range or an unusual forest).

Seems the standard--and this is what I've been doing myself--is to have a ==Major Settlements== section, and then list the cities and towns (at least the major ones) on your map there. Then you can give a brief overview of that town on the main page, with a link to another page dedicated to that town and its map (Kwourin really should have it's own page).

Hope that helps.

-IG

Take a look at Groam in the Wiki and tell me if that's about what you were looking for.

Kwourin actually already has its own page, so the best thing there may be to move the image there and include just a small summary on the Groam page, linking to the more descriptive dedicated page.

-IG

Yes, thanks IG thats exactly what I was after. Makes me realise how many locations there are in Groam that are still unmapped. Thanks for doing it.

Torq

Quote Originally Posted by Torq View Post
    Yes, thanks IG thats exactly what I was after. Makes me realise how many locations there are in Groam that are still unmapped. Thanks for doing it.

Torq
    There are lots of locations everywhere that are still unmapped.

I think we need another map challenge for the CWBP. We got a load of good stuff that way.

-IG

Be assured. I wil take it to council.

Torq