Thread: New Guy.

Post New Guy.

Hello. My name is Steve. Currently, I am living in Japan. Stationed over here because I'm in the Navy. Not a bad place at all.

I came to this site because the regular DM in the D&D 3.5e group expressed an interest in playing in a game. I decided to tool around with a campaign I had kicking around in my head. Probably use 4e to give it a good amount of fair shakery. I couldn't decide if CC3 was worth it, so I came over here to look for cheap or free alternatives. So here I am, trying out my hand at making maps (in GIMP, for now) and possibly becoming a DM in the not-so-too-far-distant future.
    Last edited by strebalicious; 02-17-2009 at 11:45 PM.

Welcome, welcome! Look in Tutorials/How to section. RobA's tut on creating artistic regional RPG map will give you a good feel for the software, and he gives intructions for creating totally random map, if that's your desire. I am new to GIMP and digital cartography in general, but that tut really is teaching me a lot...

Cheers, & Happy Mapping!
    Doubt is an unpleasant condition, but certainty is absurd. -Voltaire

Thanks for the welcome. Yes, I have been using RobA's tutorial a little bit already. Posted some of my results in a thread in the Regional/World forum to track the progress. It is a wonderful tutorial, and it helps me to learn GIMP at the same time. I've already found myself doing little things here and there to tweak the look of things.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Noooooooo

Come to the Light Side! Use CC3!

Welcome to the guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave