Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: [CC3/DD3] Old School Dungeon Maps: The Castle of the Mad Archmage

Bless you for the black & white map version. Looking great as always!
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Turgenev View Post
    Bless you for the black & white map version. Looking great as always!
    Thanks! Just for kicks and giggles, I recolored the black poster map to get this Undermountain look:

Edit: Image removed - see below for newer version where the PNG issue has been addressed.
    Last edited by jaerdaph; 05-09-2009 at 03:59 PM.
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

I finished up level 3 this weekend and went back and made some corrections to the level 2 maps. Here are the revised poster maps for levels 2 and 3.

I intend to make Undermountain-style versions of the poster maps at some point that are a little more detailed than the UM map I posted previously. My priority will be the blue&white/black&white maps though as I am thrilled to be working with the author Joe Bloch include my dungeon maps in The Castle of the Archmage pdf.

Edit: Images removed - see below for newer versions where the PNG issue has been addressed.
    Last edited by jaerdaph; 05-09-2009 at 03:59 PM.
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I love megadungeons but the images don't load for me.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Same with me. I get the following error:

Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I believe its an issue with .PNG files generated from CC3 - there's some posts around here somewhere that have covered this before.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Weird thing is, I get the error repeatedly in Firefox, but when I shift over to IE, the image displays correctly.

Crap.

Yeah, those are PNGs generated by CC3 directly. I guess I'm going to have to open them into GIMP or Fireworks from now on and convert them to a univerally usable format. I'll probably start doing them as GIFs from now on.
    jaerdaph

Quote Originally Posted by jaerdaph View Post
    Crap.

Yeah, those are PNGs generated by CC3 directly. I guess I'm going to have to open them into GIMP or Fireworks from now on and convert them to a univerally usable format. I'll probably start doing them as GIFs from now on.
    Please not gifs!

Use pngs, just correctly formatted pngs! (CC3 produces incorrect png files.) Just open it and resave it using another program (as a png) and it will be fine!

-Rob A>

Sorry I disappeared for awhile but I've had a lot of life changes over the past month. I moved out of New York City this past weekend to upstate New York, but now that I'm settled in I'm back to this project. I'm thrilled to say that Joe Bloch is now including my CC3 maps of his magnum opus megadungeon in The Castle of the Mad Archmage PDF! The Level 4 maps are done and Joe Bloch is reviewing/proofing them, and I'm working on the level 5 maps now. When Joe releases the next update of The Castle of the Archmage (which will take us to level 6), it should include all maps at least through level 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    Please not gifs!

Use pngs, just correctly formatted pngs! (CC3 produces incorrect png files.) Just open it and resave it using another program (as a png) and it will be fine!

-Rob A>
    THANK YOU RobA for helping me resolve this!

I will be re-posting the final corrected poster map PNGs of levels 2, 3 and 4 shortly, and will be generating the PNGs in another program like GIMP or Fireworks now instead.

It's always good to come home to the Guild.
    jaerdaph

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast