Thread: Shadow Rift of Umbraforge - CC3 Source files and A4 format PDF's

Post Shadow Rift of Umbraforge - CC3 Source files and A4 format PDF's

For those of you interested in the A4 format versions of the Scales of War 03 Shadow Rift of Umbraforge maps here is the link. Sorry it took so long to make them.

A4 Format PDF's

Also, for those with Profantasy Campaign Cartographer 3 you can get a zip of every source file (.fcw) for all the maps I have made for the adventures. You will need DD3 and the CSUAC pack to see everything.

CC3 Source Files

If you find any issues please let me know. In the future I will try and release the A4 format along with the US Letter format.

Thank you very much for sharing the CC3 files. I will use them as a giant DD3 tutorial.

Hey, I've been trying to get the CC3 versions of the files working but seem to be having some symbol troubles still. I've downloaded the CSUAC from http://www.gmsapprentice.com and I'm pretty sure I've installed it properly (I can open any of the symbol catalogues and they work fine) however At least one of your maps still has Red X's where symbols should be.

Notably in my case I'm trying to open 'Rescue at Rivenroar - Dungeon Level 2 - Map 07.FCW' and both the wall icon on the right (think it's a fountain from memory) and the pillars going up the northern hallway are showing with X's on.

Do you have any additional symbol packs I might be missing? I do have DD3 installed, as well as quite a few other CC3 addons (though it's always possible I've screwed something up)

Many thanks for all the hard work you have put into these maps!

I have the exact same problem with the Siege maps. The second map has a giant red x where the doorway at the top of the map should be and a few other red xs throughout the map.

I'm not sure what I'm missing (I have the CSUAC and DD3). I know very little about CC3 and I can't even figure out how to get it to tell me what files it's looking for.

Any help would be appreciated.

All I wanted to do was have the maps as single images without grids, but this is turning into a huge headache.

@Tenian

Follow this process to check what .BMP file the map is using:

1) Start the Cc3 & load the map
    2) Do Symbols menu >> Symbol manager & locate the symbol that has the red x
    3) click on the symbol then click the Edit button & "draw" the edit window
    4) Do Info menu >> List >> right click >> All >> right click >> do it
    5) The info text box will tell you the exact path & name of the bitmap it is
    trying to locate for example:
    #Symbols\Maps\CC3\Cartouches\Compass Rose 2_VH.PNG - it is very important
    for bitmapped symbols to use #Symbols\etc the # represents the CC3 folder -
    if the path is hard coded like C:\Program Files\CC3\symbols or whatever then
    the bitmap must be placed exactly in that location even if CC3 is installed
    into C:\CC3

This will give you a good idea of what sort of symbol it is. Nick has used a few symbols from other external sources in addition to the CC3 symbols.

From Symbol Manager, you can 'Import PNGs' to bring in a new symbol and then 'Replace' the red X symbols to swap out the ones Nick used with any new symbol/bitmap of your choice. I did this on some of the siege maps to replace the altars and doors which were using external symbols.

Using yer maps now.

Seems like only 1 other person is doing the maps from this AP, and he only did the 1st adventure.

Do u have plans to finish any more, from the 4th installment on? I'd hate to catch up and not have these glorious maps to display to my players...

Plz say u are doing more..