• Battletech 3062 - Darken

2 3.39%
  • The New World - Nomadic

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: VOTING: *** February '09 Challenge - Political Map ***

Blog Entries

You cant take these challenges too seriously. I have entered about 15 and the highest place I got was 2nd. But that was on a month with only 2 entries. I have had some where I entered stuff I was really pleased with and thought maybe I could win but never made top half. Almost every month my top place choice doesn't win it though its usual that the final winner is still a great entry. I have also noticed that whoever leads early usually wins it too. I.e. there must either be broad consensus about the winner or that subsequent voters are persuaded by the current vote count. I cant think of a time where the leader was pipped by my memory is short. There has been people that have pulled out and got votes with one month where the guy only posted a place holder and got a vote too. Certainly its a strange place to examine. I can say it this month as I am not partaking but it usually leaves me mystified. Its about time I voted so just hope you don't get mine as I seem to back the non winners.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
    ... poor Gimil's did not even show up
    Oh eck another lost soul... I have added him and redone it. I think the CL who starts the voting should just have a run over the thumbs thread just to check its all in order and PM me or something. I have to add any entrant to the entrants list which is usually a list in one of my posts in the challenge description thread.

Why is my garbage map up for vote? I dropped out at the very beginning of the month.
    My Map Portfolio
    -----
    Unless otherwise stated, all my work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

Gosh, I have doomed the leader QBista at this point. Well he's gonna be pipped for sure now. Particularly like Hoels banners. They would make a good download set and went for Korrigans map which is my outsider choice but had some strong color for this particular challenge. Steels town plan was great but I didnt immediately see the political boundaries in it which was called for. And three ancient japan maps too. Like busses all arriving at once

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Dirty stinkin rules...

I don't think I've ever been this torn. I love Hoel's, Steel G's, Ascension's, Korrigan's, tcberry's (also despite not being a sports fan), and Qbista's. Somehow, I can't make that add up to 3.

Ultimately, I decided to go with Qbista, Hoel, and tcberry.

Hoel, because I love the look of the various banners on this one.
    tcberry because of both the unique approach, the pleasing appearance that is better when you look at it than in thumbnail, and the unique use of Latin or latin-like names...
    Qbista because even though his and Ascension's follow a similar style, and I think Ascension captures the map style better, I think Qbista's coats of arms and political symbols are better and overall, his map captures the spirit and goals of this competition the best.

Steel G, Ascension, and Korrigan get super-kudo-honorable-mentions.
    Last edited by Karro; 02-26-2009 at 02:58 PM.
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

GP, Qbista & Ascension. Three in a row would have been tough. Gratz to all!
    Regards,

Jim

My Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    I think the CL who starts the voting should just have a run over the thumbs thread just to check its all in order and PM me or something. I have to add any entrant to the entrants list which is usually a list in one of my posts in the challenge description thread.
    That's probably a good idea RR. I used the posts in the forum not the Thumbnails to set up the poll.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Member

My votes go to:

1. Gamerprinter for creating a fantastic symbol set and integrating them in a great-looking (Asian!) map. You are a true master mapper!

2. Hoel. Excellent map. Great symbols. If you make your symbols available as a downloadable set (as suggested by Redrobes), I'll create a second account and you'll get another vote

3. Qbista for being the best newcomer. Very nice, old-looking map.

Mogul76

PS Apparently two people have voted for my entry. Ascension and Midgardsormr (wow... 2 master mappers voting for me Thanks, guys!). But I only see 1 vote next to my name

Nice work by all the contestants! That was really hard narrowing it down to three. In the end, I had to flip a coin.

And Kudos to whomever came up with the idea for a thumbnails page for the contests!
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast