Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Finished Maps Thumbs

Blog Entries

Post Finished Maps Thumbs

So if you have found the site slow tonight - sorry, my fault.

Still, you can get me back and hose my ISP now. Hope a CL can sticky this and ill edit this text out and make it all nice shortly when were all fixed up.

For now theres some tedious admin to do. The indexer took all the pages and made a list. Then it sorted them and appended a number to the end for each person to keep them separate. Then I grabbed the last image from each of the threads and thumbed them. Some of them didn't work right and some don't have the image as an attachment. Some also have posts after the proper image so its not the correct one. So we could do with a list of items that are wrong. If some CLs could take those posts and look at those threads by clicking on the name link in the thumbs page and add a usual WIP tag to those posts. Once done then edit that notification post and put a DONE in there. Once the notification posts go to all done then ill run it again and we keep going like that till its all fixed up.

Right - lets cane the servers with this...

Finished Map Thumbnails
    A-C D-F G-I J-L M-O P-R S-U V-X Y-Z

Can I also add that the maps in this list are by default copyright but are probably available for use. But please check the thread to see the usage terms for them which is often in the sig of the author. From the authors, please comment on the usability of the images in the threads.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 10-19-2009 at 07:55 PM.

Blog Entries

Redrobes_1 - DONE.

(I was able to do this one myself. Already found some maps I lost the location of... this is going to be useful when its done.)

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Great job RedRobes, I'll have to go in and edit some of my posts to make sure the map is the first image. Don't think anyone will be impressed by the ICE Contest Entry form

EDIT: The thread has been 'Sticky-ed'
    Last edited by Steel General; 02-26-2009 at 09:28 PM.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Question

Great idea to organise this in thumbnails.

I noticed that the script picked up the wrong picture for "Fabrice1".

It is not that surprising because I was always attaching my updates in the first post, to spare the visitors from going through the whole thread to get to the final version. As a consequence the script picked up an illustration meant to support a side discussion that was going on at the time.

What would be your recommendation to fix this? Should I upload the picture again in the last post of the thread?

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Great gallery. Some of the images didn't load for me, this may be a problem on my end (proxy or browser) because there's just so many of them.

Blog Entries

@Fabrice - thanks for checking, we need to know which ones are not right. Don't do anything - we need a CL to fix up a WIP tag - see O/P.

@bartmoss - some dont have images yet. See O/P.

Thanks Redrobes, at last a convenient tool for spreading rep
    Google Groups for FGII Games:
    European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
    Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

It is a beautiful collection, that is good in the eyes.
    Thanks man!
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/signaturepics/sigpic3377_5.gif

Hey nice!
    I'll go and look over my entries in the gallery and bring the ones that are posted in other forums.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast