Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Finished Maps Thumbs

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrice View Post
    Great idea to organise this in thumbnails.

I noticed that the script picked up the wrong picture for "Fabrice1".

It is not that surprising because I was always attaching my updates in the first post, to spare the visitors from going through the whole thread to get to the final version. As a consequence the script picked up an illustration meant to support a side discussion that was going on at the time.

What would be your recommendation to fix this? Should I upload the picture again in the last post of the thread?

Read the Finished Map forum rules sticky. Finished maps should be be just that, finished. Any updates should be back to the original image in the first post.

Redrobes, can you modify your script to grab the first image instead of the last one found so that your script conforms to the rules of this forum?
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Another thing I just noticed is that Steel_General_1 and Steel_General_11 pull the same image even though they are different threads.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
    Redrobes, can you modify your script to grab the first image instead of the last one found so that your script conforms to the rules of this forum?
    I can try that later today. I think it would help. It ought to be a bit quicker to get all the images since I have many of them already.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 02-28-2009 at 02:03 PM.

Blog Entries

Ok thats done now. Its definitely better. Theres still a lot of threads where the images were hosted on different sites and some where its picked up something else in that case and missing the real map. Theres about 4 instances where the script failed so its got an image marker but no image for it. Ill have to fix that up.

It can still take a wip tag to override the first image so if its not the first image thats required or we could post a version of the map as an on site attachment instead of the offsite one then we could put a wip tag in on that post to fix the thumb up for it.

Its only about 20% wrong now.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

I have to say that my favourite is Pyrandon_5

That's quite a gallery of images there. Great work RR.
    Last edited by torstan; 03-03-2009 at 12:37 PM.

Blog Entries

Ah yes thats when we gave The Cartographist the monikor "Tim the Enchanter" for some reason I forgot. I miss ole Pyrandon so I mailed him a few weeks back and he still checks in occasionally. If you want to see some great art look up the original tile mosaic he did.

Edit -- hopefully this post wont make sense in the future cos thats one we should fix up !

i'm not one for using overland maps in any of the games i run, but these are realy impressive pieces of work, they make me want to think of a reason to use them!

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Can I also add that the maps in this list are by default copyright but are probably available for use. But please check the thread to see the usage terms for them which is often in the sig of the author. From the authors, please comment on the usability of the images in the threads.

Yes, please do as soon as possible, both in this thread and in the linked page hosted on your site. I would rather it be rather obnoxious that understated.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Geat initiative. It's really fun to look at all these great maps. Found one or two I hadn't seen before.

Sweet maps! Some great inspiration right there

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast