Thread: Obscure postscript query

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Help Obscure postscript query

This isn't map related, but I have faith in the remarkable degree of computer knowledge displayed on these boards. Now, I have an eps file with a graph and I'd like to extract a line from that file. Is there any way to do this straight from the file information? Basically, does anyone know how a line is encoded in the postscript file? Even better would be an application that can extract it. I've heard rumours that such an application exists, but it is currently beyond the extent of my Google searching.

Any and all help greatly appreciated.

PostScript files are plain text files (and EPS files are just PostScript with the addition of a BoundingBox definition) -- open it in your favorite text editor and edit away
    Last edited by isomage; 02-26-2009 at 08:56 PM.
    My random map generators and GIMP scripts: http://axiscity.hexamon.net/users/isomage/

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Genius. I was trying to pull a line from a graph and now I can! It took a little work to convert from ps co-ordinates to graph co-ordinates, but that's all good now. That has saved me a load of time and will make my next paper considerably more precise....

Thanks a lot!