Thread: Detention center

Guild Journeyer

Wip Detention center

This is my first post after months of lurking on this board. You guys all have amazing maps and it is a bit intimidating. However after a couple weeks of practice this is my first real attempt with gimp to create a map. I am looking for advice and it is not yet finished.

The concept behind the map is either an imperial detention center or a temporary processing center for prisoners or slaves. I plan on adding furniture soon but i wanted to save a copy like this for my VTT game I play every once in a while. The shadowed area in the center is a retractable awning over the courtyard.

I would like to thank everyone from every website that I have procured images from. That should cover it right : )

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BASE.png 
Views:	278 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	10775

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Hey, good to see you over here and congratulations on a nice map. Looks lovely.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!

Great start on your map - looking forward to seeing more.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

You have learned well young grasshoppah...solid floorplan, solid execution. I'd like to see the version with the decoration (furniture, accessories, etc) so that I can see a sense of scale. Nice job so far.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Good job. I second Ascensions post thou, give us a bit of decoration

Nice. I look forward to seeing the completed version with furniture.

Where did you find the doors? I've been looking for a good door symbol and currently just leave an open space where the doors are. I like the one you used.

Guild Journeyer

Thanks for the great comments. Here is my map with some furniture it is currently in progress. However I have a 2 year old son who does not let me work on stuff until he is a sleep along with my wife

Name:	BASE2.png 
Views:	269 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	10794

As to the doors i modified one I found on rpgmapshare I think. I will post it.

Name:	SF_Closed_RV.png 
Views:	144 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	10795

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

OK, now that I understand the layout...what's that big grating thing in the middle with the lights? Is that the hose-down area?
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Journeyer

The center area is a landing strip. The barrels are for fuel and the apparatus next to it is for refueling.

I like it ,,, I am going to adapt it to my Shadowrun campaign... thank you.