Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GIMP: Automate this?

Sorry-

Forgot to mention the Token script needs a solid shape with transparency as a template.

So this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	template.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	6.4 KB 
ID:	10882

Can get you this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	template2.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	124.3 KB 
ID:	10883

-Rob A>

Thanks a TON Rob. One question, the outer glow, can that be an optional step? I have a ton of images to do, and if it's easy to script would rather not have to go turn off the layer on each one before I save out to png.

I watched the script run on the satin process and that was wicked cool as the thing just kind of warped itself.... If you can find some more time, I would love to see something more detailed on how to (or if there is a GIMP tutorial out there that you can point me to). I know it's not useful for mapping, but that satin effect is SWEET.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
    Thanks a TON Rob. One question, the outer glow, can that be an optional step? I have a ton of images to do, and if it's easy to script would rather not have to go turn off the layer on each one before I save out to png.
    I updated the script on the previous page. If you set the glow size to 0 it doesn't create the glow layer.

I also added an angle, so you can set the angle the highlight will be on. The default is 90 (North).

The satin technique is derived from this photoshop tutorial.

-Rob A>

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Off topic but I have to say that I love the SCU idea. Laughed so hard I pulled something.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12