Thread: The Halls of Desktopia

Post The Halls of Desktopia

I noticed that the competition had started up while I wasn't paying attention and was was not only struck with inspiration, I also saw it as a good excuse to clean off my desktop.

It's been a long time since I sat down with a clean pad of graph paper and just let a map fall kind of fall out. I was going for a simple, old school mindless dungeon crawl map, and think I got exactly what I had been hoping for.

I don't even want to admit how long I sat playing with my icons, making them wander around the map, and imagining them kicking down doors and beating up on the unfortunate dungeon dwelling fauna...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	desktopmap.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	3.17 MB 
ID:	10801  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Great idea and cool icons. Well done mindless dungeon crawl too Actually gives me some ideas.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected JoeyD473's Avatar

This is a nice map, but how is the background igger than the taskbar?

I've got three monitors.

Hehe, I smell a winner. I like that you went to extra length to modify the icons to fit the wallpaper. How cool is that!
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

I love your icons. When I first saw them in the dungeon setting, I was reminded of the old arcade game Gauntlet.

I was surprised when I went to go find D&D-esque icons. I remember looking for them about a dozen years ago for another project and finding TONS of little 8 and 16 bit icon sets from a bunch of different sources. Now the only ones I could find were those 4 WoW ones.

The times they are a changin!