Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How big is really really big - ViewingDale universe

Software Dev/Rep

It only takes 112 years to get from Earth to the Lattice! No problem ... esp. when you have medical tech that lets you stay young forever.[/QUOTE]

Whew, I hope you bring some reeeeeeaaaaallllly good reading material

The Viewingdale capabilities are, really, quite impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by trevor View Post
    It only takes 112 years to get from Earth to the Lattice! No problem ... esp. when you have medical tech that lets you stay young forever.
    Whew, I hope you bring some reeeeeeaaaaallllly good reading material [/quote]

LotR and The Silmarillion should cover most of the time, with Douglass Adams's HGttG when you need a good chuckle.....
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Should probably take War & Peace along as well...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I would suggest an unabridged Websters dictionary, and perhaps a few others from different languages. Make it educational as well.

Oh, and probably a copy of PhotoShop CS 52 or Campaign Cartographer 26 so that you can map the cosmos as you zoom along.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

They're probably too busy working on the next generation...
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

If I'm remembering my relativity correctly, the people on earth would measure the time it takes for the ship to travel a light year at light speed to be 1 year. However for the people on the ship it would be very little time indeed - vanishing to zero as they reach the speed of light. However you can never reach the speed of light, so really the perceived time would merely get smaller and smaller depending on how close to the speed of light you managed to get.

So actually, forget war and peace - if your tech is really good, you'd best pack a few dvds and then you're there.

This also avoids the ageing issue (apart from the fact that when you arrive back at earth you'll be answering to your former commander's great grandchildren).

Always have to bring hard science in don't ya?! And that is why you are cool! That and the awesome artistic abilities.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast