Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Tree and Mountain Brushes & Patterns

Consider yourself Rep-Whacked....

thx repp wurthy !

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected AutumnRain's Avatar

Thanks so much for sharing!!!
    Edmond: There are 72,519 stones in my walls. I've counted them many times.
    Abbe Faria: But have you named them yet? ~ The Count of Monte Cristo

thank you for the brushs and patterns

Very nice brushes - those mountains are just what i was looking for. Cheers!

Guild Applicant

Apologies for resurrecting this old thread, but I'm just getting started figuring out GIMP and how to draw my own maps. This site is super helpful and inspirational. But here's my question: I love the mountain brushes but they're too big. How do I resize them? Am I even asking the right question?

Quote Originally Posted by MrZwij View Post
    I love the mountain brushes but they're too big. How do I resize them?
    No need to modify the brushes themselves. In the GIMP toolbox, select the Brush tool, then choose the mountain brush you wish to use. Right under that you should see a horizontal scaling bar. Adjusting the bar will change the scale at which the brush will be painted.

Guild Applicant

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostman View Post
    No need to modify the brushes themselves. In the GIMP toolbox, select the Brush tool, then choose the mountain brush you wish to use. Right under that you should see a horizontal scaling bar. Adjusting the bar will change the scale at which the brush will be painted.
    Oh, dang! Of course! *slaps forehead* I was moving that "spacing" bar around in the Brushes toolbox. Did I mention I'm just getting started with GIMP?

What version of PS do I need to make these work? I downloaded your .abr files and Photoshop 7 said that they can't be used because they were made in a different version. I keep running into these issues here and there and am starting to think I really need to upgrade my PS.

Thanks in advance!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

If you're getting the incompatible thing then the PS version needs to be newer than what you have. I have plain old CS (number 1) and don't have too many problems with brushes from newer versions (in fact, I don't think that I've ever had a problem getting a CS3 brush to work in my CS) but I had a heck of a time when I was still on 7 trying to get CS brushes to work. So you will need to update but is the price worth it to you? Alternatively, you could just take an image, crop it accordingly, and click "edit - define brush preset" and make your own brushes from the given image. It's a lot of work but it's far cheaper than upgrading.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast