Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Tree and Mountain Brushes & Patterns

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Info My Tree and Mountain Brushes & Patterns

Howdy Folks

I finally got around to organizing my Tree and Mountain brushes & Patterns to share with the community. They are all meant for use in Photoshop but if somone can make them work in gimp and other programs, please be my guest.

I used Photoshop CS3 to create these brushes and Patterns. These are the same brushes I used in A Comprehensive Mat of Avani, and my work in progress Avani's Western Lands

Anyone familiar with Photoshop shouldn't have too much trouble importing these brushes or defining these textures. I'll try to post a tutorial on how to do that in this thread when I get the chance.

These brushes are free for anyone to use on their maps and I hope people can enjoy them. I do not require any references or links to myself or anything goofy like that. The only thing I ask is that you do not try to relabel and sell these brushes as your own. They are meant to be free to all who can use them. I would even prefer people obtain them thru the Cartographers Guild so please keep re-distribution to a minimum as well, instead, please inform them of this forum and where they can find the brushes.

You may use these brushes in maps in your own artwork and cartography even if you intend those works to be sold. I hope everyone can use and enjoy this little pack. Thanks to everyone in this wonderful community!

Here are some samples of the Brushes:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WagsMountainsSample.jpg 
Views:	2191 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	10827   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WagsTreesSample.jpg 
Views:	1386 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	10828   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WagsDeadTreesSample.jpg 
Views:	1492 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	10829   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WagsTreePattern1.jpg 
Views:	1172 
Size:	725.5 KB 
ID:	10830   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WagsTreePattern2.jpg 
Views:	1654 
Size:	584.4 KB 
ID:	10831  

Last edited by Wag; 03-01-2009 at 01:31 AM.

And here is the brush and texture pack itself.

Enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Awesome. Thanks, man. I snagged em.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Big thanks Wag. I'm going to enjoy experimenting with them.

Sigurd

This was exactly what I was looking for! I'll be experimenting with these brushes in my Japanese-style political map.

By the way, I just dumped the files in my .gimp-2.6\brushes folder and they worked immediately. Do brushes made for GIMP specifically work better in GIMP, or is this fine?

Quote Originally Posted by Exlor1986 View Post
    By the way, I just dumped the files in my .gimp-2.6\brushes folder and they worked immediately. Do brushes made for GIMP specifically work better in GIMP, or is this fine?
    This is fine.

Gimp can happily use this style of brush (they are internally converted on load).

-Rob A.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Thanks Wag! I'll check 'em out.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Awesome! Thanks for the sweet brush pack. Hmm I wonder if there's a way in photoshop to assign symbols to a que so that each time you click it chooses the next one. Would be a nice way to randomize mountains and trees.
    My Map Portfolio
    -----
    Unless otherwise stated, all my work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomadic View Post
    Awesome! Thanks for the sweet brush pack. Hmm I wonder if there's a way in photoshop to assign symbols to a que so that each time you click it chooses the next one. Would be a nice way to randomize mountains and trees.
    Nope.

But gimp and psp can.

Attached is a set of three gimp image hoses. one trees, one dead trees and one mountains. The mountain one is huge, so use with caution

-Rob A>
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Nomadic View Post
    Man, that would be sweet for quick mapmaking. I haven't found anything like that just yet I'm afraid, but it wouldn't surprise me if there was a way to do it somehow. I know you can do a "dual brush" in photoshop somehow. I'm not sure how that works or if you can do more than two. If I ever find a way I'll be sure to post.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast